What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

Here is a Gillette New Improved New Standard model that just went for $125. Nice case and razor. Lots of bids (22) so it was a healthy auction. Price was near the upper range.

$OddNewStandardImproved.jpg$OddNewStandardImproved2.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Standar...d1BzQ%2B8pGmATzPeSF50%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

This was kind of odd. A Pile-O-Razors for a little over $1000. No one bid on it. Some nice stuff but a little rich.

$OddPile.jpg

If you are really interested take a flyer for $15 and give us a review. It is a boar brush worth about $8, mug about $3, and 2 soap pucks at a price about what Williams goes for.

I found a review of the scent here.

Last edited:
Surely among our membership, somebody's better half is well acquainted with Mary Kay products and can tell us more about the product. The one pictured looks to have been beat up in storage for quite some years!

Here is a Gillette American Button Company Pocket Edition Empire Silver set that just went for over $180. The reserve was not met until the last 15 seconds or so of the auction where a couple of snippers battled over the prize. Great info here. And, here she is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gillette-Am...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I was eyeing that set a few weeks ago. The seller indicated the set had a high D series SN#. 1917. Seen conflicting info as to whether these sets were actually still produced that late. The plate and cap look correct but who knows. Still a nice set though.

I've been eyeballing this mug for some time. They must be slightly rare, because they don't come up more often than a couple times a month. Sometimes the price seems right, other times it just seems like too much for a mug:
Vintage Porcelain Shaving Mug Burts Bees 3D Face Knob Handle Barbershop

The price ($35) isn't too far off if you really like it. Shame it has a fine crack in the glaze. I think the mug is a self portrait of the Burt's Bees founder. Funny it doesn't look like he shaves too much.

Top Bottom