What's new

Double Ring confirmation (or rejection) help, please

Thought I would update the situation to report that I have received a full refund, to include shipping. The Seller probably sent me 20 emails along the way, keeping me updated with ebay & paypal issues, which were tied up with a massive HSBC payment systems outage (reported in the Financial Times, btw, so I could follow along!).

Stan, a little bit of trivia for you - French was the international language of diplomacy (before Microsoft & Windows replaced it with English), and DE is the French word for "from". The other one I find interesting is the radio communications spoken standard for help, which all of the GIs in WWII learned as "Mayday", a bastardization of the French "m'aidez", or "help me". Lesson over <grin>

Hi,

All's well that ends well, then :)

As for French, CQ is also from. ;)

Stan

I should have checked his name. That guy does sell a lot of razors and his descriptions always seem to be fairly accurate.

But I still think it was an honest mistake. Pretty much he copies what he sees on Achim's site, and I believe the "DR" was no exception. Some of the descriptions even mention the site.

Maybe I'm just too credulous ...

Agree.

BTW This is the guy I bought my Hybrid Tech from and a NEW (like in Jewelry set). Always smooth transactions and excellent communication.

Dan, got the dosh?:tongue_sm

Agree.

BTW This is the guy I bought my Hybrid Tech from and a NEW (like in Jewelry set). Always smooth transactions and excellent communication.

Dan, got the dosh?:tongue_sm

Yep, Juan Manuel, and now I have this damn balance in my PP account that is burning a hole in my electronic pocket - do you know where a guy can find some nice razors to buy? :lol:

Interesting thread. Dan, I am glad that the seller was gracious and it worked well. Based on my experience, I feel there are many many more sincere sellers than insincere ones on eBay.

Interesting thread. Dan, I am glad that the seller was gracious and it worked well. Based on my experience, I feel there are many many more sincere sellers than insincere ones on eBay.
I believe you're quite correct, Roopesh, and for those who aren't, I've had great luck with eBay's guarantees.

Cases in point - some time ago I won a 2 piece Criterion (oh, was that set gorgeous in the listing photos!), only to receive an empty box. Seller (w/100% feedback and several hundred transactions) didn't respond at all to the claim, and literally within minutes after I let ebay know about the non-response, full refund hit PP. Just this week, I received a SR in a case that was also used for Bulldogs (I have a loose one) but the seller sent the case scotch taped flat in a thinly padded envelope! Case arrived broken, tape tore the thin black leather right off, cardboard blade safes were crushed, filed a damage claim and, again, Seller didn't respond but ebay had my back.

Mmmm... let me think.... Walmart???

[emoji23]
Yup. I bet one can find plenty of nice razors there.

$uploadfromtaptalk1441208465173.jpg

Yup. I bet one can find plenty of nice razors there.

I do not go often there but when I do I make sure I wave at the display so they can run out of batteries soon. Buggers they are, aren't they?! :mad3:

When on holidays, my wife and I got into a supermarket (can't recall why) and we passed by the "Gillette stand". I pointed at the "swinging" ones and commented on the battery. My wife looked at me horrified, she couldn't believe those "things" had a battery inside!!:lol:

Top Bottom