What's new

Doctor Who - Warning, Spoilers!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Doctor Who "The Legend of the Sea Devils" is airing tonight out here in Australia. I am going to watch it just to see how bad it really is.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Haven't seen Sea Devils yet, but watched Eve of the Daleks on Sunday. Some may disagree, but with the exception of a few minutes of stupid romance talk, I actually kind of liked the episode.

Chris Chibnall has done just about everything he can to kill this franchise. It's only his incompetence as a showrunner that has kept it going. I can't wait for the regeneration. Again, I don't dislike the Doctor. Jodie is good and she would have been in better hands with Moffat. Just give her a decent story to work with.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Chris Chibnall has done just about everything he can to kill this franchise. It's only his incompetence as a showrunner that has kept it going. I can't wait for the regeneration. Again, I don't dislike the Doctor. Jodie is good and she would have been in better hands with Moffat. Just give her a decent story to work with.
If they had kept Graham and had better writing, it could have been something. I keep hoping that Yaz will fall into a black hole or something. She is unwatchable.

I think that Whittaker is a good actress and it's 100% certain that the writing did her no favors but her interpretation of the Doctor wore thin on me very quickly. I still think she was miscast. We didn't get to see much of her but I liked what we saw from Jo Martin more than I did anything we saw from Whittaker.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Just watched the Sea Devils episode. I am going to watch it again tomorrow as I am on the fence. I dunno, I really liked the trailer for the next Doctor Who instalment.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The good thing about the last one is it was followed by Day of the Doctor (I always add extra time to recordings, because that channel doesn’t follow normal programming times). Saw enough to convince me to head to HBO+ and watch the rest.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just watched the Sea Devils episode. I am going to watch it again tomorrow as I am on the fence. I dunno, I really liked the trailer for the next Doctor Who instalment.
I kind of feel the same way. There were some things I liked about it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think that Whittaker is a good actress and it's 100% certain that the writing did her no favors but her interpretation of the Doctor wore thin on me very quickly. I still think she was miscast. We didn't get to see much of her but I liked what we saw from Jo Martin more than I did anything we saw from Whittaker.
Have to agree, there’s something I just don’t care for in her interpretation of the Doctor. Jo was excellent- she has screen presence.

Final episode of the Chibnall era today. Hoping he doesn’t screw up the regeneration, and looking forward to a show runner who knows what he’s doing.

I didn’t enjoy the finale. Typical Chibnall episode. Throw 3 pots of spaghetti against the wall and sideline The Doctor. Make her a hologram and let the sidekicks do the work. No other Doctor was subjected to having a sidekick carry him off the field at the end. That guy was the worst. Take every bad female stereotype and make it central to the character. Boo!

I’m kind of not surprised that they’re bringing Tennant back for 3 specials. They have to stop the bleeding viewership and maybe get people excited again, and what better way to do it than with arguably the most popular Doctor since the re-boot. Get people interested again and then hand it off to the new guy.

I will say that it was nice to see Davison, C Baker, McCoy and McGann come back for the finale. By my reckoning, all of the living Doctors have come back for an episode. Also kudos for giving Ian Chesterton some time on screen. One of the original companions deserved some screen time.

Top Bottom