What's new

Personna 74 Blade PIF

I'm going to PIF two of the greatest blades EVER (and few other blades) to the first B&B fan to answer a question about the greatest television show EVER. And no fair using google. You MUST be a fan and willing to admit it. :001_smile

Reviews for this show have been always been outstanding, and it has been included in many "best of" lists, including being ranked #41 on the list of TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time, #2 on Empire's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time, voted #3 in TV Guide's Top 25 Cult TV Shows of All Time and listed in Time magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME.

My favorite episode is "The Body." It is simply the greatest television episode ever made. Even after watching it dozens of times I still cry like a baby.

Here are a few reviews of this amazing episode from wikipedia:

Kira Schlechter in The Patriot-News declares "The Body" "one of the finest episodes of any series ever", stating that the silence and novel cinematography are "remarkable and the writing is brilliant"

"I was riveted by this show ... This isn't just one of the best BtVS episodes of all time. It's one of the best episodes of TV of all time."

"The Body is an absolute masterpiece" .... hands down the single most terrifying, heart-breaking, painful, and amazing hour of television I have ever seen".

"If you watch this incredible episode and don't recognize it as great TV, you're hopeless ... A 'fantasy' show delivers the most stark and realistic take on death I've ever seen, deftly depicting how a loved one who dies suddenly becomes 'the body'."

"The Body" is Emmy-worthy ... It also will haunt you—but not in the normal way associated with this still-evolving, still-achieving series."

"The series' most difficult episode because it's real—and not real in the way ER or The Practice or Law & Order, all hyper-versions of reality, are real. At some point, most of us will experience a day like Buffy has in 'The Body' and we sense that the writers have gotten nearly every detail of that day—right down to the absence of a musical score—right."

Of course the show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A spin-off of a really terrible romantic comedy, this really is one of the all-time greats. Season 1 was good, then midway through Season 2 it became GREAT and stayed there until the end. One of the few shows that never Jumped the Shark.

So my question (and no one-liners allowed--- if you are a fan, then I want to hear it)....

Out of Willow, Anya, Buffy, or Dawn, whose performance was your favorite, and why?

PS I'm going to be gone for a few hours... I'm hoping when I get back I'll find at least one B&B'er that loves this show.

Last edited:
The last season of Angel was better than the rest of the two series combined. Seriously, a vampire CEO of a company of demons that dates a werewolf who eats him when he gets turned into a muppet by a magic spell. That was an episode.

Willow and Buffy in the end were feminine appeal; emotional stuff for the girls, sexy stuff for the guys. Their characters suffered for it.

I honestly don't remember much about Anya, I'm suprised she is one of the four choices.

Dawn was my favorite, probably because I'm a youngest sibling so I felt a better connection, and well :blushing: she was just so darn cute.
Really though, I think her character changed the most through the series, which made for a lot more memorable situations.

EDIT: I don't really love the show, I was just a regular fan. If you find someone else that likes it more, by all means don't feel bad skipping over me for them :)

Angel is pretty good. I'm starting Season 2 tomorrow. I don't get any television where I live, so I just watch the DVDs.

Anya's performance in "The Body" was brilliant. I can tell it's been a while since you've seen it. ;)

I'll leave the PIF open... there has to be one hardcore Buffy fan on B&B.

Top Bottom