What's new

Do you use a magnifying mirror?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
+1
We'll both back each other up on this!

Our wives must be blind. .... or extremely desperate!
Or perhaps they just found a good guy, put in some work and found that reciprocated.

I'm not interested in something that magnifies but would LOVE a mirror that doesn't steam up during my hot shower...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Or perhaps they just found a good guy, put in some work and found that reciprocated.

I'm not interested in something that magnifies but would LOVE a mirror that doesn't steam up during my hot shower...
Try slathering it with lather and then wiping it off. Seriously.
Works on your bathroom wall mirror as well.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Try slathering it with lather and then wiping it off. Seriously.
Works on your bathroom wall mirror as well.
I did make an attempt at that. Perhaps I didn't research it well enough, it did not work. I'll try and figure out what I did wrong and give it another go.

I’ve had a 2X on a wall mounted swing away hing for several years and plan to upgrade it to a 4X. Saw a 7X at Costco…that is way too strong for shaving.
In fact, your current 2x mirror is probably best for the purpose.
Experts in the field say that for shaving, magnification up to 3x is recommended.
I guess you notice, all the people who joined the thread and said they didn't find it comfortable were using too big a zoom. I'm adding myself to that number because I've already returned a mirror with too much magnification. Now I await the new one, profiled and designed by engineers specifically for shaving with 2.5x magnification and built-in illumination. I hope this will be the optimal good solution.

In fact, your current 2x mirror is probably best for the purpose.
YOUNG Experts in the field say that for shaving, magnification up to 3x is recommended.
I guess you notice, all the people who joined the thread and said they didn't find it comfortable were using too big a zoom. I'm adding myself to that number because I've already returned a mirror with too much magnification. Now I await the new one, profiled and designed by engineers specifically for shaving with 2.5x magnification and built-in illumination. I hope this will be the optimal good solution.
Fixed it for you.

I use the main medicine chest mirror for most of the shave and swing the magnifying mirror over for use under the nose and such. 2X was fine for a number of years but it isn’t anymore.

experts smecksperts;)

Top Bottom