What's new

How do you store your gear?

So my storage solution is less than ideal right now. I'll admit I probably have more gear than a guy needs, but who on this forum doesn't, and with a baby on the way I need to get organized so my gear isn't getting knocked around in the bathroom and falling out of the closet.

I have one, tiny bathroom, because I'm 1949 I'm guessing men had one brush, one razor, and one soap. Outside the bathroom is a small towel closet where my wife reluctantly gave me two shelves to store my gear and I'll admit some stuff has migrated out of those two shelves when it gets shuffled around in rotation.

So to those of you with small spaces, do you have ideas for storing brushes, razors, soaps etc that makes things easily accessible and organized? Are there special stands or boxes you have found that help free up some real estate?

Thanks for any tips and tricks

clear plastic bins.
store wherever there's room.

proxy.php

I store my gear where the Mrs. lets me. I can be territorial or I can be happy.

She gave me a corner of the bathroom counter and everything I used on a daily basis goes into bins. I leave it all out in the open air so it dries. My brush goes in the bowl and my razor sits next to it.

My long-term storage is another bin under the sink. My lifetime supply of blades are in the bedroom closet because it has air conditioning that keeps the humidity stable.

Nothing fancy ...
I have a linen closet in my bathroom where I store my shave soaps and creams, as well as blades (251 at current count).
Then I have a pull-out drawer where I store my 8 razors in Tupperware containers lined with cloth: my 5 TTO razors in one and my 3-piece razors in another.

Starting out my shave shelf couldn’t hold all my favourites and was a little jammed.

IMG_0996.jpeg

Finding what worked best, and eliminating second and third choices not only solved storage problems. It improved my shave. It killed all the rad, sad, bad, tendencies. And increased all the OCD tendencies.

The last reorganization is also my version of minimalism.

IMG_0362.jpeg

My shave reorganization. Elevated my shave relaxation. I’m still working on the OCD.

I don't keep anything in the bathroom except shaving cream and covered soaps and whatever blade I plan to use for my next shave. There's no display to speak of other than that which is purely functional. Commonly used items are in the linen closet in the hall and inventory/out-of-rotation gear is kept in boxes in a closet. Although I assume that by design all shaving gear is resistant to water damage, at best it won't make any difference to store gear in the bathroom and at worst continuous exposure to a moister environment certainly can't be good for it.

While I truly admire and appreciate the aesthetics and ingenuity of the systems pictured here and in similar threads...alas, I prefer to take a rather mundane approach.

We have a fairly large master bathroom with double sinks. Anything that is currently in use sits on the counter next to 'my' sink. Anything not in use goes into drawers/cabinets under that same sink.

Hardly a 'den', really. But, it works and makes me happy so...😎👍

20230529_101353.jpg
20230529_101421.jpg
20230529_101436.jpg

I'm very impressed with the 'storage' methods shown on this thread. I only have two razors. I purchased this 'Test Tube' rack to store the razors and eventually a couple of additional handles. It's a simple solution to clutter. My other 'stuff', e.g., Shaving Soap, pre-shave, Aftershave, etc. reside either in the Linen closet, or on sink.

b/r

ON_1

Top Bottom