What's new

Do you shave everyday?

Since switching to DE from cartridge razors over 8 years ago I actually look forward to shaving every morning. A good shave always gives me a clean fresh feeling.

While I love the BBS feeling, I don't really feel the need to shave every day and perform my usual 3 + pass shave in order to keep that smoothness every day, unless it's absolutely necessary. If i'm at home the whole day, nobody (including me) would care if i'm clean shaved or not. When the situation requires it, I shave every day, but like I said only if it's absolutely necessary.

I shave my face everyday, but shave my head every other day. I read that shaving every other day allows the hair to grow out a small bit, and this in turn, allows for the exposed hair to be softer and easier to cut. Personally, by shaving my head every other day, I get a lot less irritation than when doing so every day. Every 3 days is even better, but I hate the way it looks with my partially balding head.

I never really have issues face shaving though. I guess I'm lucky in that sense. I do however change my blade after one head and two face shaves per blade side. Head shaving dulls the blade much quicker than face shaving for me.

I look forward to my shave every day. I saw a speech from Admiral McMaster where he said do the little thing to start your day- make your bed. That is what my shave does for me. I dislike the feel of not shaving. Even on days when I have not shaved as well as I'd like, it is better to shave than not to shave. With a good shave, the day just starts better.

I look forward to my shave every day. I saw a speech from Admiral McMaster where he said do the little thing to start your day- make your bed. That is what my shave does for me. I dislike the feel of not shaving. Even on days when I have not shaved as well as I'd like, it is better to shave than not to shave. With a good shave, the day just starts better.
I don't know if its because I am older(65), or because I look older when my beard grows a few days, but, I shave to look good, and like you say, the day just starts better. I keep my hair, eyebrows, mustache and sideburns trimmed to look neat. I comb my hair, whereas a lot of younger guys don't. No beard for me, give me my Parker.

I was a daily shaver up until recently, but have switched to shaving every 1.5-2 days because I can chase a BBS result without irritation. Mask mandates at work also help to cover up stubble on non-shave days.

While daily shaving, I would always skip the ATG pass.

I face shave each day when scheduled to work. On my days off, I tend to skip a day. I get more satisfaction shaving off at least 48hrs worth of stubble but it's usually difficult to wait that long because I like shaving and that smooth-faced, fresh feeling. I shave my head every other day.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Cold water shaving made all the difference in my shaves. I still use the same shave gear witch is an aggressive razor with a sharp blade. Before I got irritation down both sides of my mouth. Now shaving with cold water its a 2 pass shave WTG XTG and I end up with a DFS sometimes a BBS. Cold water was the only change in my routine oh and not using an alum block. Now I shave everyday with no irritation YMMV.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
20220110_211722.jpg

Yaqi aggressive top comb slant and a brand new Nacet

Before the pandemic I shaved 6 or 7 days a week. Now it's every other day, which has been much better for my skin.
For 10 years before the plague, I shaved every other day. Now I'm down to shaving every 7-10 days. Glad some here are supporting our vendors.

Last edited:
For the past two years since I started SR shaving, I have been shaving daily and twice a day if I have an evening engagement (any excuse for a shave).

Once your SR shaving technique is developed, SR shaving gives you no irritation or skin damage. Many are too scarred to start or won't commit to the 30 (about) days of daily SR shaving to develop their technique.
Too scarred?

I was toying with the thought of taking up the SR after a year or two, technique development permitting (OC, SE and then..).

You are not helping :scared: 😂

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Too scarred?

I was toying with the thought of taking up the SR after a year or two, technique development permitting (OC, SE and then..).

You are not helping :scared: 😂
I am still scared when shaving with a "safety" razor. Not being able to see the edge of a blade on my face has me trembling.

Top Bottom