What's new

Do you shave everyday?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I shave every other day. Seems just right for my skin. That little extra stubble I feel gives me less irritation. IDK how exactly it works but it does.

Hey all! I have found so much insight from this group over my wet shaving journey, thought I would bring up something that has been plaguing me for a while...I CANNOT shave everyday without destroying my skin.
Wether electric, shick, Gillette, Harry’s carts or straights. I could never comfortably shave under a three day skin Regrowth. Coming here from carts and kicking around for three year’s didn’t enlighten me to my sensitive skin. Acceptance is what I came to embrace. An aversion to pre and post skin products finally morphed into a pre and post shave routine, that works for me. Men with Sensitive Skin must shave according to skin conditions not whisker growth. Shaving unhealthy skin is the absolute worst shaves I have had. Four and five day intervals were the minimum for a comfortable shave. I have improved my Kit and technique. I have a very close and comfortable shave once a week Friday afternoon.
If I give it 3 days growth, I am stellar, but anything less than that and my skin ends up with such bad irritation, and what appear to be small knicks that, in the profession I am in, I would rather look unprofessional with 3 days growth, than unprofessional and like a 3 yr old learning to shave.
Accepting that you have sensitive skin and need larger shave intervals is the first step to improving your shave. Two years in DE before I began to work towards healthier skin. In combination with improving shave technique. My pre and post shave routines are four times the length of my actual shave. Once my skin was healthier. Shaves became closer with Elevated Comfort.
My lather is good, blades are good, technique is pretty solid, but no matter what I do or try, I simply cannot shave every day. I have resorted to shaving at night sometimes so my skin can calm a bit between days where I HAVE to, but...has anyone else encountered this? If I just push it, will my skin adjust?

Thanks, as always!!
No! You have sensitive skin. Shave appropriately to your Skin Needs, not whisker length.

Top Bottom