What's new

Do you shave everyday?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Yes I do shave daily and love it

I was like you could not shave every day and why I got into DE only been a year my face and skin has never been better at 58yr old :)

ditto others it very well could be you do not have the correct blades or razor or soaps yet and might say that is the case UNLESS you truly have some skin issues that need to be addressed like daily care outside of shaving and so on ?

Bottom line you have to try a few you might get lucky and get a winner first hand but without trying others you wont know ? That goes for the soap the blades and the razor

I thought being a minimalist person but also having to use something enough to know its good I could figure this out in 6 months WRONG for me :)
I am still on the hunt :) but could be happy but am finding small differences I like or want

Give this time do not give up but IMHO you are most likely going to have to try a few setups to really know as I again was like you and did find setups easy and comfy to use every day
I have some I can not and plan on just selling or trading those out s they are not for me but others love them
Rex Ambassador as one I have and can not use it above 2 :) and do not enjoy using it really ? hahahaha but others use it on 6 and love it ?
But I tried it and know ! So NEXT :)

IMHO the investment to try a bunch and get a super shave is so so so so worth it for the comfort of something we do often some daily some less and will most likely do our whole life ! Comparing that to say the cost of a modern phone or whatever ! again think marathon not sprint :)
Try Above the Tie Windsor with their new MR plate. I have one and vacillate between M and R. So smoooooth. Nice and heavy. Let the weight work for you.

Try Above the Tie Windsor with their new MR plate. I have one and vacillate between M and R. So smoooooth. Nice and heavy. Let the weight work for you.
Thanks and yeah they seem pretty nice I do think if I could go back and tell the starting out me I would pick a brand I could get plates for
like the above the tie or the karve or the razorocks etc... And I would get 2 plates and use them to see which way I wanted to go then try the next plates
and then try other razors as I would have some base on what to get what I like in gap and blade exposure :)

not a fan of the heavier razors :) so if I get one :) I wold put a Ti handle on most likely I do like they have copper plates or is it brass ? Anyway love two tone razors :)

my timeless Ti I love love the weight
the razorocks I have I love the stainless heads and ti handle but once I put a stainless handle on ahhhhh not so nice to me :)
the aluminum only have the Henson both med and mild insane comfy but to light not a fan of the angle either :)

So many great razors out there :) still on my work down list got the lupo coming in a few days will compare it to my Timeless and my GC as those two are in the lead with others in my sell/trade box (but I come back around to them every month or so) see which two move forward and then going to try the tatara and maybe karve and then the wolfman again having two favs in the end is my goal or maybe ONE

I shave every day, sometimes twice. I always use a post-shave balm or moisturiser, though. If I have a particularly bad shave (very rare) I might use an electric razor the next day to avoid making it worse.

1 pass WTG night shaver: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Shower nightly.

If I have something special to attend, I'll shave that day too.

I work Monday through Friday.

I don't get any enjoyment from shaving. :a38:

I shave everyday but recently when I was moving out of my old house and into a new house I ended up shaving every other day for part of a week due to the demands of time. What I found was that I experienced occasIonal tugging and generally a much less pleasurable shave. As a daily shaver I never experienced tugging with any razor blade. For me, daily shaving is much easier on my face and neck than skipping shave days. YMMV

My lather is good, blades are good, technique is pretty solid, but no matter what I do or try, I simply cannot shave every day. I have resorted to shaving at night sometimes so my skin can calm a bit between days where I HAVE to, but...has anyone else encountered this? If I just push it, will my skin adjust?

When I was working, I usually shaved at night, due to being bad at early starts. If that suits you, do it, and it's unlikely that anyone at work will notice, and you can relax and take your time.

I'm currently participating in the "365 Shaves in 2021" thread, so yes, it's possible, and I'm just somebody who got bad shaves in 2018, wanted better, and investigated.

You will need to zero -in on your perfect kit, and it probably won't be the same as mine, but reading reviews here and elsewhere is good. Measure twice, cut once. If you do that, you'll probably buy a few duds, but not many.

I found the Rockwell razors with 6 plate settings (6C or 6S) a helpful discovery tool, because the R4 or R5 plates (0.61 mm and 0.69 mm) were almost perfect, and led me to the .68 safety bar Game Changer that is my current favourite.

The "hot washcloth protocol" (soak it in water as hot as you can comfortably endure, and apply it to your face for 30, 60 or 90 seconds) might be the thing you need to learn. It worked well here.

If you want to know what I'm currently using, then see either the December Grume or the 365er thread.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I shave daily unless something like surgery hospital stay or sickness other than that it is daily.
I shaved daily because of maintenance job requirements in the Industrial plants I worked in for the last 30 years to possibly dawn on SCBA.
The secret to daily shaving is knowing your beard growth direction(Beard map) good routine Pre shave and of course technique & just do 2 pass with a clean up seems to work for myself. Mid range to mild range razors are my preferred razors for use.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hey all! I have found so much insight from this group over my wet shaving journey, thought I would bring up something that has been plaguing me for a while...I CANNOT shave everyday without destroying my skin. If I give it 3 days growth, I am stellar, but anything less than that and my skin ends up with such bad irritation, and what appear to be small knicks that, in the profession I am in, I would rather look unprofessional with 3 days growth, than unprofessional and like a 3 yr old learning to shave.

My lather is good, blades are good, technique is pretty solid, but no matter what I do or try, I simply cannot shave every day. I have resorted to shaving at night sometimes so my skin can calm a bit between days where I HAVE to, but...has anyone else encountered this? If I just push it, will my skin adjust?

Thanks, as always!!
I am blessed (??? ;)) with a fast growing, thick, chaotic, gray, wiry beard. ;)

It's either grow a long enough beard (which I did from ~1972 - ~1989) or shave darn near every day (which I've done since I shaved off my beard).

So far, I haven't missed a day in 2021. Only missed a handful in 2020.

I enjoy my daily shave - a lot. :)

What razor(s) and blade(s) do you use?

I like to shave everyday, but now and again, invariably after 'butchering' my face using a SR, I let my beard grow for a few days. -I must admit that the longer stubble/whiskers absorb much more water, softening the whiskers more than shorter stubble making shaving them off a delight and extremely satisfying.

Top Bottom