What's new

Do You Ever Do Just One Pass?

it's funny that for years one pass with my sensor used to be enough for me - and now i can't imagine wasting my time with that

as time goes on, it's getting to be more of a "do it right or not at all" proposition for me

One pass always for me. I don't want/need to look like a 13 year old school boy plus my skin is happier.

+1

On occasion I will do a second ATG pass on my neck but I look plenty smooth just doing one. As you can see
Wp

proxy.php

Yes, I have done just a single pass. There are days that I just did not make a good lather or for some reason I got rushed by something coming up while I was shaving, but yes I have done a single pass shave with my DE.

my DE is quite aggressive and 1 pass is plenty - even for my wedding! not BBS, but looks fine. it's seriously diminishing returns with additional passes, my skin is not really up to it.

Last edited:
I do one-pass most of the time now.

Not that I'm that great at shaving. But two-passes wasn't necessarily giving me a better shave, but it usually gave me more irritation.

For a quick (not the same as rushed! Big difference) shave, I'll do a one pass. I've noticed, like you, that if I do two passes in a quick shave, I get irritation and not much better of a shave. One pass shaves can be really really fun, you all or nothing types should give it a try. It's an excuse to exfoliate, clean, moisturize and add fragrance to your face. All the dead skin cells (or so I like to imagine) get rubbed off so that on days that I don't do a full shave, my skin can still feel clean and refreshed.

I normally do a two pass (+ touchup) shave, but yesterday I shaved late in the day so I just did a one-pass WTG - just so I could shave again this morning:eek::rolleyes:. I know, I know: I'm a sick puppy - hoarding my shaves! Is there a SAD: shave aquisition disorder?:biggrin:

I have, on occasion. It's not great but since my growth is light, it suffices. Generally on those days I shave again in the evening.

If I was too aggressive on the previous shave, I'll do a 1-pass shave to give my abused skin a break. Seems to happen at least every other week. Hopefully as my technique improves these circumstances will happen less.

0 Passes. Feathers + Slant are so sharp that I only need to get them within 2 feet of my face and WHAM! BBS. Still have a few weepers though if I'm not careful. One guy tried to read the packaging on a box of 100 Feathers, got the box too close to his face and WHAM! Decapitated. True story. ;-)

Steve

I can get a pretty decent one pass shave with a Slim or Super slim adjustable set to 9. No nicks and a few years ago that would have been considered a good shave:blushing:

Sverre

If I'm really pressed for time, I'll do a very slick lather with Tabac or O Melhor and do one pass ATG with my Gem 1912. If I play my cards right, I scarcely need a touch-up, except in one persnickety jawline area.

As time goes on, I am realizing more and more that SE razors work far better for my skin/beard type, which is somewhat sensitive/light but tough to track down. Weird, eh? I got bonafide BBS in two leisurely passes with my featherweight and Col. Conk the other day! Bizarre.

Two passes tends to be as far as I ever want to go unless I'm using one of my less effective razors (Merkur HD, Tech, SS Black-tip).

Top Bottom