What's new

Did I overdo it?

I just would not buy duplicates of any item. Wait 'til you use up one, then order it again if you liked it. I have probably over twenty soaps and cremes myself. In 18 months since my acquisition disorder took hold, I have only used one of my soaps up: Momma Bear's Rosemary and Mint. It is awesome stuff!

Looks like he can probably wrap some of that stuff up and give it to himself for Christmas. Wow...and I thought I had shopping problems.

Actually that is a decent buy. As posted above, I would stop now! You're set up for about a year now. But you now have enough kinds of soap for a nice rotation and you do need the blades and balm. I've done that before.
Ernest

You know what they say: Never go to the grocery store when you're hungry!
To put that into prespective: Never surf the internet when you need a shave!:w00t:

Honestly, I really don't know what I was thinking. Three bowls? :confused: The good thing is that I have one about to run out, so essentially I'll have two left.

i think i'm confused -- you bought all this within the last 2 weeks, and you're already almost out of one of the tubs of cream?

i think i'm confused -- you bought all this within the last 2 weeks, and you're already almost out of one of the tubs of cream?

No, I ordered the three tubs because the one I had was almost done. So technically I only have two tubs of avocado now, since I used one to replace the one that I had finished. Make sense now?

F&#@, man! I think I overdid it! Here's what I've ordered over the last two weeks:

3 bowls of TOBS Avocado
2 bowls of T&H West Indian Limes
1 bowl of T&H 1805
1 1805 Cologne
1 1805 AS Balm
100 Feather blades
1 bowl of Trumper's coconut
1 tube of Cremo Cream

For a total of approximately $440.00!!! :eek:

Do to lack of self-control, I just shredded the credit card!

Seriously, what's wrong with me!!! Someone, please, normalize this situation!!!!

I already mentioned here before that hoarding and AD is stupid and doesn't make any sense. All this stuff is just laying around, collecting dust, taking up space, annoying others and worst of all expiring. By the time you get to it, it's already not fresh. Do You really enjoy a thought of using old product that You shelled your hard earned money for? You can't possibly try every product because there are millions of them out there, so all you do is waste your money on stuff that is pretty much similar to each other. By the time You go through all of it (which will take you forever) bunch of new products will be released. I noticed a similarity between these people and the ones who stock up their garages with all kinds of junk so their cars, which suppose to occupy garage in the first place, don't fit there anymore. Both of these types will have to eventually get rid of all this stuff by either wasting or selling it. In reality You just creating a problem for yourself. You really need only one of each item, that will be plenty enough. If you lucky enough to have so much available extra funds, it would be a lot smarter to invest this money in something like savings account, than to pile up on all this junk. If you can't really afford it but used credit card anyway that's double foolish. And it's not just me who thinks that way, read any book on self improvement, it's all the same advise. Many members wives mentioned their dissatisfaction to them also, which I 100% support. But then you considered a troll for thinking differently. I'm for one a minimalist, ascetic, practical and economical person and also a neat freak that absolutely hates clutter. AD, stocking up and hoarding goes against every fiber of my being.
It's ok to be wanting to try new stuff when you ran out, but massive acquisition just doesn't make any sense. Use up stuff You already own, and only THEN buy a new replacement. Also by acquiring all this personal grooming stuff you pretty much succumbing yourself to a behavior and a hobby that is only natural to women. And that's emasculating. To all of you who still isn't convinced I strongly recommend to watch an episode of Penn & Teller: Bull****! called "The Best". This episode illustrates my point handsomely.

Also by acquiring all this personal grooming stuff you pretty much succumbing yourself to a behavior and a hobby that is only natural to women. And that's emasculating.

I snipped most of your post, some interesting points if not somewhat condescending.

I think some people may take issue with the part I quoted, I fail to see how enjoying shaving is an emasculating act.

Zerohnine - definitely buying 3 tuns of 1 cream is OTT. Even replacing the one you had finished leaving 2, still means you own 3 tubs!

I guess you won't be doing it again in a hurry though :lol:

I already mentioned here before that hoarding and AD is stupid and doesn't make any sense.

I too had to clip your post in the interest of brevity and to not contribute to the cluttering up of things that you so abhor. However, in the words of Sgt Hulka..."Lighten up Francis."

Bottom line...Nivahsetah, you were not only condescending but flat out rude in your response...There is no place for either on this site.

In response to nivahsetah' comment, let's let it go, guys. No need to counter. If it wasn't because of the terms and agreement of this site, I'd have something more colorful to say! :biggrin: But, seriously, there's really no point in doing so. Let's just let it go.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Mr. Nivahsetah is not completely wrong Gentlemen. He makes very sound points regarding buying duplicates prior to using up same said item. I viewed the video clip he recommended on Penn & Teller Bull$#%& and it was quite eye opening. So lets not be too quick to dismiss his opinions and treat him to the respect that B&B members are well known for.

You already have the right idea by shredding your credit card. It's money you don't own and spending money you don't actually have is a recipe for trouble.

Top Bottom