What's new

Depth of the Obsession

Is B&B the first web site you check every day before checking your emails?
Are you upset that there's no any article of shaving in the mail coming your way?
Do you wish your facial hair grows at least twice as fast?
All of a sudden, do you experience an irresistible desire to get up and go the bathroom to sniff at a shaving soap or AS?
Going to bed, do you bring a few shaving brushes with you in order to compare how they look and feel while falling asleep?

SWMBO (every day): "Are you shaving again!!?...:crying:"
ME (every other day): "Honey, when are you gonna fund that brush that you promised to buy for my B-day 4 months ago, and that I said I'd engrave with your name on it?:mad3:"

Do you find yourself mentally assessing other people's shaves in the elevator...(hmmm, irritated neck, bumps....SAS.......that guy missed a couple of spots, weepers....maybe DFS....)?

Do you find yourself mentally assessing other people's shaves in the elevator...(hmmm, irritated neck, bumps....SAS.......that guy missed a couple of spots, weepers....maybe DFS....)?

I don't do this, but I was having lunch with an attorney friend of mine and I could tell he was using a double edge razor...asked him, and he confirmed it.

Is B&B the first web site you check every day before checking your emails?
Are you upset that there's no any article of shaving in the mail coming your way?
Do you wish your facial hair grows at least twice as fast?
All of a sudden, do you experience an irresistible desire to get up and go the bathroom to sniff at a shaving soap or AS?
Going to bed, do you bring a few shaving brushes with you in order to compare how they look and feel while falling asleep?

SWMBO (every day): "Are you shaving again!!?...:crying:"
ME (every other day): "Honey, when are you gonna fund that brush that you promised to buy for my B-day 4 months ago, and that I said I'd engrave with your name on it?:mad3:"

Oh dear. That was a yes to the first 4.

How about - Do you try to justify your spending by saying how well shaving gear holds its value?

Do you find yourself replying to threads equivalent to a women's 'How do you justify you shoe/handbag/make-up purchases' thread that have been no doubt appearing for years?

Would you check your carry-on luggage just so you can travel with your DE blades?

Worse - would you book a three-hour train ride instead of a one-hour flight, for the same reason?

Would you submit a lame post just to get rid of that stupid "dead badger" tag?

Last edited:
Do you get a feeling of great delight on achieving BBS only to then dampen that delight with the thought that your shave was so good it might be two whole days before you need to shave again?!

You go to the zoo and while looking at various animals you think, wouldnt it be cool to have a two band giraffe shaving brush? Or polor bear?
Then when looking at various faucet handles you say "that's a Joris or Edwin Jagger Charsworth/plaza classic in chrome handle":lol:

Last edited:
Do you find yourself fighting with your conscious over $5.00 items on Ebay or the B&B for over a week......only to blow it on a $300 brush or a toggle?

Would you check your carry-on luggage just so you can travel with your DE blades?

Worse - would you book a three-hour train ride instead of a one-hour flight, for the same reason?

Would you submit a lame post just to get rid of that stupid "dead badger" tag?

In the States, you can easily justify this one just with the hassle of dealing with TSA.

Do you find yourself picking up/admiring your razor or brush when you just happen to be in the bathroom, even though it's not shaving time?

I'm guilty of this one. SWMBO caught me lightly brushing my cheek with my dry Omega in the middle of the afternoon. She objected: "You're shaving AGAIN?"

I retorted, "No, I'm just getting in the mood for tomorrow morning's shave."

Do you keep B&B open in a separate browser window behind whatever it is you're supposed to be working on?

Do you have the BST forum properties set to "Instant EMail Notification"?

Do you immediately associate the names "John", "Phil", & "Jarrod" with B&B Vendors?

Do you own an identical backup of the razor you shave with daily, just in case?

Do you know what Arko tastes like?

Do you race home after work to ensure that you get to the mailbox before your wife does?

Last edited:
Top Bottom