What's new

Depth of the Obsession

Just for fun, I thought we could compile a list of questions to assist in the measurement of members obsession with the hobby. Sort of like what I assume they ask at NA or some such other support group, or 12 step program. Here are a couple to start out with:

Do you ever hide shaving purchases from your family?
Do you use a spreadsheet to inventory your stash?

Please add others you think of. Maybe we can advance the science of understanding Acquisition Disorders.:lol:

-Do you have packages delivered to your office most of the time, but still have 1 or 2 every so often sent home so that no one gets suspicious?

I just practice pre-emptive retaliation - as parcel after parcel keeps arriving, I just casually point out to my wife that her new pot, pan and casserole dish cost more than everything I've spent on shaving.
Cheers,
Renato

Allow me to quote our esteemed member and steward, Price, from this thread http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-how-to-deal-with-your-wife-significant-other

"
1. Ensure that you own a comfortable couch.
2. Point out the similarities between your growing soap collection and her ridiculous number of remarkably similar-looking black shoes.
3. Bask in the smugness of your sound reasoning.

It is imperative to perform these steps in order - DO NOT proceed to Step 2 without first completing Step 1.​
"

I just practice pre-emptive retaliation - as parcel after parcel keeps arriving, I just casually point out to my wife that her new pot, pan and casserole dish cost more than everything I've spent on shaving.
Cheers,
Renato

Have you ever scanned the sides of roads for dead badgers?
Have you ever tried to justify a new brush purchase by saying "the (kid, dog, cat) would get a kick out of playing with it"?

Before the Internet, how did obsessives find each other? I suspect that for the most part they didn't and many potential obsessions never got off the ground. We are a product of the computer age.

Okay, do you find yourself throwing vintage razors into conversations inappropriately/

Just for fun, I thought we could compile a list of questions to assist in the measurement of members obsession with the hobby. Sort of like what I assume they ask at NA or some such other support group, or 12 step program. Here are a couple to start out with:

Do you ever hide shaving purchases from your family?
Do you use a spreadsheet to inventory your stash?

Please add others you think of. Maybe we can advance the science of understanding Acquisition Disorders.:lol:

If you do use a spreadsheet, does it use one or more of the following functions? If/Then, CountIf, Vlookup.
Is a pivot table used?

Do you ever, accidentally, use the word 'shave' in place of your intended verb/noun? Ie. I should really go shave the laundry. Well, I guess I'll take the dog for a shave. If I buy this razor, I promise I'll shave the couches and floor, tomorrow.

Do you lie about how much you spend on your ADs?
Do you hide purchases from family members?
Do you seek out other ADs so that your shaving Ads look trivial by comparison?
Do you shave every day? Do you shave alone?....Never mind, those are for alcoholism...

Do you lie about how much you spend on your ADs?
Do you hide purchases from family members?
Do you seek out other ADs so that your shaving Ads look trivial by comparison?
Do you shave every day? Do you shave alone?....Never mind, those are for alcoholism...

+1. Couldn't have said it better, and yes, I'm a recovered alcoholic with AD tendencies.

Do you keep a printed wish list with the websites, sign in, password, and discount code readily available for someone asking what to buy you?

Do you have multiple additions/scratch outs on the list updating it from week to week?

Can you quote the prices of your favorite items or items you want to try from each website you visit multiple times a week?

Have you been kicked out of your master bathroom and been forced to turn the guest bathroom into your shave den?
Do you spend more time on B&B than any other social network?
Do you receive regular updates from shaving vendors via email and Facebook?

Last edited:
If you tell your SO you're going upstairs to get cleaned up (to head out to whatever thing she's dragging you to), does she explicitly ask if you are going to shave?

You opened your Paypal account when you come to B&B and reached your spending limit just by buying shaving stuff on BST?

Top Bottom