What's new

Dealing with Ebay buyers

Well, so far I must have had 65-70 razors go to/fro the US from here in Denmark and none have gone missing (touch wood!). Most were sent without tracking :w00t:. Think longest delivery time was 3-4 weeks, fastest was 6 days (that’s fast!!!).

...Except one package, a tracked one from Chris Evatt. As usual it went through 7-8 different USPS locations in the US (from NC to Florida(!)). Then for some reason it went to Beirut in Lebanon and sat there for three weeks, I was sure it was lost - 2 gorgeous RFB’s within. But then it turned up at my doorstep, unannounced... Post office here says of all the packages that go astray 95% of them will turn up some time, either with receiver or back with sender...

What makes me wonder the most is why USPS needs those 7-8 stations almost every time within the US before it leaves American soil :confused1

And what bugs me the most is Danish customs picking up 95% of my receivals and adding 60+ USD in dues (including a flat rate handling fee of 25 USD :mad2:)

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ebay way back when was neutral, neither buyer or seller inclined. I've been a member for about 20 years, and have maintained a 100% rating. Nowadays, I hesitate to use it, because of stories like the OP's.

Unfortunately, I can't do the same. Greek shaving market is almost non-existent. If I want to sell my items, I have to offer international shipping.
I feel you.. the market for traditional shaving is mostly in the USA.
The problem is they are used to getting their stuff very fast with next day delivery and so on.
Their expectation of international delivery are not in line with reality.
To be safe you can update your listing with a longer estimate of delivery.

And what bugs me the most is Danish customs picking up 95% of my receivals and adding 60+ USD in dues (including a flat rate handling fee of 25 USD :mad2:)

Wow.
As someone whos been hit with them a lot over the years
all I can say is I thought Canada had high import fees but that takes the cake.

If you don't like them then don't use them. If you think their fees are too high then open up a competing vendor site of your own and discover what the REAL costs are to operate one. Also, price "gouging" is legally considered re essential items such as food, potable water, etc., and not "luxury" items.
So I shipped out a Dovo best quality SR a week or so ago. In bubble wrap, followed by butcher paper in a flat rate box. So I get a message from buyer stating It came to him damaged. BS! This JACKWAGON sent pics of the scales being broke. I called ebay "you have to except return". Is what they told me.
Here is the great part, when I sold it on eBay there were stains on the blade ( ill send before and after pics) Im a newbie to this so maybe you can tell me what kind of stains / blemishes they are . So I im thinking this guy is a fraud, so when I videoed Myself opening the box of returned item. The stains ( that I tried getting off ) were magically gone. SHOCKER!
So I called the bay and they stated I was still responsible for giving him his money back. F$%K that!!!!!!!
last item I will buy or sell on the bay.
The first 2 pics are how I shipped them. the second 2 are of the return!
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
sHOAPqG2R66C4vFYCFaDpA.jpg
HuWnR0KJTr2hfrSR4BYwbQ.jpg

Im adding on to this. Here is the liars, Im sorry the buyers response to the original pictures of unbroken scale ( before it was shipped)

keenanb92 sent you a message about their request:

Hi, mike. I agree - your photos look complete. Possibly happened in transit. The photos should be attached to this message, let me know if that’s not the case. As you can see it has snapped directly at the pin connecting it to the scale - unfortunate to say the least. Thank you for responding

Unfortunate my butt! ( fraudster ) I cant belive bay won't even look at the video/pics!

Last edited:
Looking closely at that it looks like he tried sanding off the stains broke the scales then wanted it replaced. Looks like the stain is very faint on the back of the blade in the second pic. He broke it and should deal with it.

If you don't like them then don't use them. If you think their fees are too high then open up a competing vendor site of your own and discover what the REAL costs are to operate one. Also, price "gouging" is legally considered re essential items such as food, potable water, etc., and not "luxury" items.

:a14:

Price gouging is a term that refers to the practice of raising the price of goods, services, or commodities, to an unreasonable or unfair level. Nowhere in the definition are exclusions provided for ANY luxury goods or services.

Consider researching possibly the "actual facts" before you go off half-cocked correcting someone's knowledge on the intarwebs.

OBTW, I haven't and won't use eBay to sell my stuff. Such an epic fail.

:a14:

Price gouging is a term that refers to the practice of raising the price of goods, services, or commodities, to an unreasonable or unfair level. Nowhere in the definition are exclusions provided for ANY luxury goods or services.

Consider researching possibly the "actual facts" before you go off half-cocked correcting someone's knowledge on the intarwebs.

OBTW, I haven't and won't use eBay to sell my stuff. Such an epic fail.
I think he was referring to the legal term whereas people or companies are fined heavily for raising prices during a catastrophe. Consider researching your facts and not doing a quick definition lookup!

I think he was referring to the legal term whereas people or companies are fined heavily for raising prices during a catastrophe. Consider researching your facts and not doing a quick definition lookup!

Link: Price gouging - Wikipedia

Price gouging is a term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent. Usually this event occurs after a demand or supply shock: common examples include price increases of basic necessities after hurricanes or other natural disasters. In precise, legal usage, it is the name of a crime that applies in some jurisdictions of the United States during civil emergencies. In less precise usage, it can refer either to prices obtained by practices inconsistent with a competitive free market, or to windfall profits. In the former Soviet Union, it was simply included under the single definition of speculation.​

Pot calls the kettle black! lol

Note how I researched the term whereas you seemed to have glossed over some aspects of the definition? Like your friend, maybe consider reading the full definition to include the statement in the quote above toward the end which I formatted in bold.

Since eBay has no competitors in the free market, they find themselves able to price gouge just fine. Since arguing with ignorant people on the internet isn't my thing, I won't be responding further to you. Have a nice day. Or, maybe you are just an attorney....

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Link: Price gouging - Wikipedia

Price gouging is a term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent. Usually this event occurs after a demand or supply shock: common examples include price increases of basic necessities after hurricanes or other natural disasters. In precise, legal usage, it is the name of a crime that applies in some jurisdictions of the United States during civil emergencies. In less precise usage, it can refer either to prices obtained by practices inconsistent with a competitive free market, or to windfall profits. In the former Soviet Union, it was simply included under the single definition of speculation.​

Pot calls the kettle black! lol

Note how I researched the term whereas you seemed to have glossed over some aspects of the definition? Like your friend, maybe consider reading the full definition to include the statement in the quote above toward the end which I formatted in bold.

Since eBay has no competitors in the free market, they find themselves able to price gouge just fine. Since arguing with ignorant people on the internet isn't my thing, I won't be responding further to you. Have a nice day. Or, maybe you are just an attorney....
Nobody likes attorneys — until they need one — and then theirs is ‘the best.’

Research this further.

If they were gouging, competitors would arise.
Competitors have arisen, eBay has crushed them. Save for Gunbroker.

They need to get what they can now, Chinese firms will ultimately crush them. Sooner than you think I expect.

It takes around 2 days for my ordered stuff to arrive from Athens to Thessaloniki so I don't know how this guy expected his item to arrive to him that early. Probably first time buyer or just too excited for his new razor.

Well, so far I must have had 65-70 razors go to/fro the US from here in Denmark and none have gone missing (touch wood!). Most were sent without tracking :w00t:. Think longest delivery time was 3-4 weeks, fastest was 6 days (that’s fast!!!).

...Except one package, a tracked one from Chris Evatt. As usual it went through 7-8 different USPS locations in the US (from NC to Florida(!)). Then for some reason it went to Beirut in Lebanon and sat there for three weeks, I was sure it was lost - 2 gorgeous RFB’s within. But then it turned up at my doorstep, unannounced... Post office here says of all the packages that go astray 95% of them will turn up some time, either with receiver or back with sender...

What makes me wonder the most is why USPS needs those 7-8 stations almost every time within the US before it leaves American soil :confused1

Being a Swede I share your pain.

It takes around 2 days for my ordered stuff to arrive from Athens to Thessaloniki so I don't know how this guy expected his item to arrive to him that early. Probably first time buyer or just too excited for his new razor.
Or just someone who found the chance to take advantage of an ebay seller (me).
The buyer has hundreds of transactions, he is not a first-timer.

The employee of ELTA (Hellenic Post) didn't place the tracking info next to the recipient's address (where it should be), but on the other side of the package, where nobody looks for the tracking number. She couldn't be more stupid. It's her fault. I remembered it today. I couldn't imagine how a tracking number is not working. Now it makes sense. It's the first time that an employee of this post-office misplaces the tracking info. And I saw it, but didn't say anything, because I thought it would be ok. So, it's also my fault that I didn't tell her to fix this.

I bet that the buyer has already received the first razor, but wanted to take advantage of this... mistake.

Now everything about this story makes sense!

Also, he didn't respond to my last message. I sent him another razor, I lost money, and he didn't even find the time to reply. But he did find the time to say "the razor did never come to me" 10 days after I shipped it...

Good point by Dan, my guess is that e-bay is way bigger so more chances to sell there. But putting your items on the B&B Marketplace wouldn't hurt.

Nicholas ... is there a reason you cannot just sell to the good folks of B&B (BST)?
Dan, I've sold many items on B&B BST. All transactions were pleasant and I thank all the members that trusted me. I always do my best regarding the asking prices and ship the packages as soon as possible. I think there are many who can confirm that.

However, I have items for sale I can't do a better price. For example, I recently had the luck to find some more NOS Schick razors after years. My asking price for those that weren't boxed was more than fair, my profit was only 2-3 euros from each. I didn't care for the profit, I didn't want to make money from fellow shavers and I didn't need that. These were sold to members. The boxed were more expensive and I didn't feel ok to just start another thread for these. My asking price would be about $8-10 more. I decided to just sell them on Ebay for more, because members would probably think that I'd try to make more money, while this would not be true. Also, I wouldn't be able to do a better price and these would remain unsold.

I only use Ebay for items like these, when I can't do a better price. There are many members that can't understand this and just look at your previous listings and compare prices. I shouldn't care that much, but there are many members who think that way. Only collectors care for boxed NOS with papers etc.. For most people, a NOS is a NOS. If you sell it for x and then sell it for x+y, most members will ask for a better price and if you can't offer one, you won't sell them. The last years I had hundreds of transactions through forums and I know how the average wet shaver thinks...

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Dan, I've sold many items on B&B BST. All transactions were pleasant and I thank all the members that trusted me. I always do my best regarding the asking prices and ship the packages as soon as possible. I think there are many who can confirm that.

However, I have items for sale I can't do a better price. For example, I recently had the luck to find some more NOS Schick razors after years. My asking price for those that weren't boxed was more than fair, my profit was only 2-3 euros from each. I didn't care for the profit, I didn't want to make money from fellow shavers and I didn't need that. These were sold to members. The boxed were more expensive and I didn't feel ok to just start another thread for these. My asking price would be about $8-10 more. I decided to just sell them on Ebay for more, because members would probably think that I'd try to make more money, while this would not be true. Also, I wouldn't be able to do a better price and these would remain unsold.

I only use Ebay for items like these, when I can't do a better price. There are many members that can't understand this and just look at your previous listings and compare prices. I shouldn't care that much, but there are many members who think that way. Only collectors care for boxed NOS with papers etc.. For most people, a NOS is a NOS. If you sell it for x and then sell it for x+y, most members will ask for a better price and if you can't offer one, you won't sell them. The last years I had hundreds of transactions through forums and I know how the average wet shaver thinks...
Makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom