What's new

CZC 97BD 10mm Pistol

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nice looking CZ. Is it just me, or does that front chrome barrel tip / bushing?

look outta place on a all black gun?

Vicarious sample of 2 CZ97s in .45-accurate, soft shooting and reliable. I would expect the 10 mm to be no different.
Heck, you might even be able to get ammo for a 10 mm v. 9mm right now and cheaper to boot.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Essentially the Bren 10 revisited.
True, if not for design, machining & metallurgical advances, the Bar-Sto barrel and perhaps most importantly, for those gray enough to remember, magazines, magazines & even more magazines...

No offense to anyone, but personally I believe this custom CZ to be, well, a departure of sorts because it is actually an attractive CZ.

@OkieStubble ... Funny, how it is. The first thing to go on my Springfield Mil-Spec Defender was its' doggone stainless steel barrel bushing, which even next to the stainless barrel, stuck out like a diamond in a goat's bum. I never gave the CZ's bushing & barrel a thought till you mentioned it ... like most everything else I type, this probably doesn't make much sense, but IMO the trigger & the guide rod give the barrel & the bushing a pass.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
True, if not for design, machining & metallurgical advances, the Bar-Sto barrel and perhaps most importantly, for those gray enough to remember, magazines, magazines & even more magazines...

No offense to anyone, but personally I believe this custom CZ to be, well, a departure of sorts because it is actually an attractive CZ.

@OkieStubble ... Funny, how it is. The first thing to go on my Springfield Mil-Spec Defender was its' doggone stainless steel barrel bushing, which even next to the stainless barrel, stuck out like a diamond in a goat's bum. I never gave the CZ's bushing & barrel a thought till you mentioned it ... like most everything else I type, this probably doesn't make much sense, but IMO the trigger & the guide rod give the barrel & the bushing a pass.

It's a good looking gun fo sho'. I like the trigger and barrel contrast and can see where the bushing can have a pass. I would still be tempted to take a sharpie pen to it. :)

shoelessjoe

I would follow the recommendations of the author and look at the Tanfoglio Elite Match.
Interesting, the author’s & your mention of Tanfoglio.

A couple days back I watched a Robert Jones (The Mosan Crate) video about recently imported Mossad-marked CZ75s & while the majority of the pistols were Czech, Jones preference was for the handful of Tanfoglio Mossad ‘75 clones that were mixed in with the Czech pistols.

shoelessjoe

It's a good looking gun fo sho'. I like the trigger and barrel contrast and can see where the bushing can have a pass. I would still be tempted to take a sharpie pen to it. :)

lol, I hear you ... I’m still contemplating having the Springer’s ss barrel blued, which is pricey, but will probably opt for a $30 black nitride finish.
Before:

After:

I have always had an attraction to the CZ75 pistols. Well made and hopelessly exotic. I'd carry one for sure if I were on a secret mission to East Germany. I do like mine indeed.
IMG_2429.jpg

Can't say I am drawn to the one originally posted (CZC 97BD). I too think the bright finish on the trigger and front bushing do not lend themselves to an attractive appearance here...grips are kind of gaudy too. But then, at least it is not on its way back to the factory (as is my Ruger SR 1911 10mm). Side note: Ruger CS is just outstanding. Surely a motivating factor if trying to decide on a new firearm.

@nortac
Couple of things....

Frequent failure to feed; usually around round(s) #3, #6 or thereabouts. Tried three different manufacturers of magazines (Mec Gar, Tripp, Ruger OEM). They all do the same thing. Same with ammunition, Speer, Federal, Hornady, PMC, S&B,TUL, Wolf. No real difference.
Polished the ramp a bit...but in the meantime........................
I found that the disassembly notch cut out of the slide was WAAAY smaller than that in my SR 1911 .45, therefore making snapping the slide catch back in was next to impossible. Was not the catch lever itself as it fit perfectly in the .45
Ruger said they would check it out on their nickel. Shipping is a PIA because I have to take it to Chattanooga (nearest authorized FedEx drop), but I can live with it.

shoelessjoe

@oc_in_fw ... the red lettering comment brings to mind a John Madden quip about the then new (sponsor) National Football League jerseys ... the sarcastic quip targeted the small NFL crest just below the front collar about which Madden said, “And look, they have ‘NFL’ embroidered on the front of the jerseys in the event the players forget what league they’re playing in”.

Your comment & those red letters on the grip beg a couple questions I’ve pondered in the past...

First, if there were no Internet, websites, forums & such, would sidearms like this actually exist?? (no offense to anyone’s tastes, it’s just an honest question):

And secondly, what percentage of firearm & related accountrement(s) purchases are made because the Internet facilitates what I refer to as the, LOOK WHAT I’VE GOT! syndrome?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
@oc_in_fw ... the red lettering comment brings to mind a John Madden quip about the then new (sponsor) National Football League jerseys ... the sarcastic quip targeted the small NFL crest just below the front collar about which Madden said, “And look, they have ‘NFL’ embroidered on the front of the jerseys in the event the players forget what league they’re playing in”.

Your comment & those red letters on the grip beg a couple questions I’ve pondered in the past...

First, if there were no Internet, websites, forums & such, would sidearms like this actually exist?? (no offense to anyone’s tastes, it’s just an honest question):

And secondly, what percentage of firearm & related accountrement(s) purchases are made because the Internet facilitates what I refer to as the, LOOK WHAT I’VE GOT! syndrome?
Oh my. Liberace would love it.

Top Bottom