What's new

Cremo Cream Shaving Cream-Opinions?

I agree with most everything that's been said so far--with the exception of it having a good scent. I find it a bit objectionable but YMMV.

But I've started experimenting with Cremo as a pre-shave product. I have used it as a fist lather, to soften the beard and as a pre-shave product applied right before lathering--and as both. I think it works better as a pre-shave than it does as a stand alone cream and about as good as it works in a superlather. There are better ways for me to soften my beard and I prefer a good oil to Cremo as well. But it works perfectly adequately as a pre-shave product, IMO.

tried it and tried to like it but really did not. it didnt work well for me at all. far from the worst so i cant say crapola but way from my top choices. my wife is using up the tube as she seems impervious to which cream or soap she uses lol.

I tried it today (mixed it with TOBs Shaving Shop). The combined smell was amazing, but I didn't find the overall shave very slick.

Works well for me for dab, rub, and then face lather. Good idea to use non-razor hand, because it is slick stuff . . . really slick!

I got my first tube a week or so ago, and have used it every day since. I like it. Not as much as Proraso, but it's fine for a change of pace. Today I combined the two and that worked very well.

I picked it up when we moved and my wife couldn't find the box with all my shaving creams. I shave in the shower and was pleasantly surprised. No, it does not lather. But it is slick enough to shave even my most sensitive area's with minimal to no irritation. The trick is adding just the right amount of water. Enough to make it not sticky but not so much as to dilute the experience. I put a large almond or brazil nut sized amount on my left hand and dab it on my shower wet cheeks, chin, left middle right of neck and then use my right hand to rub in and add extra water when needed, reserving the rest in my left hand for future passes. After my first WTG pass I rub my face with my wet right hand and reinvigor what's left. I may add a few more dabs to areas as needed and go straight to ATG. Then, I do spot cleanups and blade buffing, using what remains in my left hand. Most shaves are BBS....I can't seem to stand leaving area's where I can feel the stubble when running my hand against the grain.

I don't find it clogs my razor (R89 Grande or Merkur 25c) more than normal brush whipped cream, as long as I add enough water. It rinses right off under the shower head and requires no additional cleaning of my razor head.

I find Cremo easily saves me 10 minutes in my morning shave routine. I don't miss any cushion really from the cream, and I have been a Proaso Red user nearly since I stared DE shaving over 2 years ago. The slickness is amazing and it has greatly reduced my nicks and weepers. I do miss the smell of the sandalwood cream on my brush and the feel of warm foam on my face, but shaving with Cremo in the shower has and will allow me to experiment with different and more aggressive razors without the fear of tearing my face up standing at the sink.

YMMV, but I really love Cremo....and really never thought I would. I thought a thick foam from a quality cream on a good brush was the ultimate.

Last edited:
It gives a good shave, but it doesn't rinse off my razor very easily. I also don't like the scent. I won't use it again.

Last edited:
I bought cremo cream on a whim. Yes, it is slickery, but I guess I'm just a guy that likes a thick lather instead of curdly film. So I tried mixing a dab with my mug soap. WOW! It lathered up nice, and produced what I would consider an uberlather.

You could consider it an uberlather, but it's not.

An uberlather is the combination of a shaving soap, a shaving cream, and extra glycerin.

What you made is referred to as a superlather, which is the combination of a soap and a cream.

I agree with most everything that's been said so far--with the exception of it having a good scent. I find it a bit objectionable but YMMV.

But I've started experimenting with Cremo as a pre-shave product. I have used it as a fist lather, to soften the beard and as a pre-shave product applied right before lathering--and as both. I think it works better as a pre-shave than it does as a stand alone cream and about as good as it works in a superlather. There are better ways for me to soften my beard and I prefer a good oil to Cremo as well. But it works perfectly adequately as a pre-shave product, IMO.

+1 I also use it as one of my various pre-shaves between every pass, when ever I use it almost never get a nick or a weeper.

After using it straight up as intended the first time, I now use it only as my pre shave instead of oil. Has that light citrus scent that goes away and I can use with just about any other soap or cream. Pretty much eliminated nicks and weepers using it this way. Probably the best shave so far was Cremo as preshave and Taconic Tequila Lime. Lathered up and just fantastic feel all day. My summer combo!

Used Cremo this morning per the product directions (last time I used a brush) and was fairly impressed. I still made use of my AOS Sandalwood Oil first, then applied the Cremo to my face and worked it in by hand. When it started to dry, a bit of water brought it right back to life. Very slick and worked as advertised. Resulted in an excellent shave with my Fatboy and a Wilkinson blade. And since the price will be right due to the free rebate offer, I really can't complain. I never even noticed the smell that some have complained about.

For those mornings when I don't feel like using the scuttle and brush to bowl lather, Cremo will do just fine.

Creamo was being sold at WalMart a couple of years ago with a coupon that knocked the already economical price down by a third or so. I bought two, one for my shave kit, one for the bathroom. I wanted a brushless cream, being fresh out of both Gillette and Palmolive brushless creams. I think that even at the full price, I got just what I wanted, and have no regrets. I will buy it again.

I picked up a tube and gave it a try this morning. I don't think it smells bad, but its not a great scent either, kind of soapy and bland. But WOW this stuff is slick. I didn't use it as directed, and brushed it on instead of applying it by hand. Since it is not really supposed to produce a lather, I wasn't expecting one and wasn't disappointed when there wasn't one.

I did two passes, WTG and XTG followed with some clean-up on my neck and chin. DFS. No irritation, nicks, or weepers. I like this stuff.

I may add it to my soap in the morning and see how that goes. VDH luxury has a citrus scent so they should go well together.

I have been using Creamo Cream for almost a year now. For me shaving is just something I need to get out of the way in the morning to get out of the house. Creamo is one key ingredient to speed shaving. It goes on fast and is slick. Then I go one pass ATG, slap on some Clubman after shave and I am done! Before Creamo it was Foamy. No nicks and irritation. What more can a person in a hurry ask for?

I have not used it alone, but I might bring it with me traveling sometime. I used it to make an uberlather this AM, and it was a nice concoction.

Top Bottom