What's new

Cremo Cream Shaving Cream-Opinions?

It won't really be a superlather, because Cremo Cream does not lather.
I bought some, but had no idea it wasn’t meant to be used with a brush. Until I tried to do it. It lathered well, but it seemed airy. And when I applied it to my face it was rather watery. So I would say it lathers, but the lather it makes leaves a bit to be desired.

I must be doing something wrong because it lathers just fine for me. I used Cremo for the past couple of years at least before I got back into Proraso.

They do make one type of lathering shave cream in a tub. The tubes don't lather well, aren't even meant too, but you can make meringue out of eggs too.

hey guys, just wondering what the board's collective opinion of Cremo Cream Shaving Cream was? I ask because I noticed that my local Bed, Bath & Beyond carries it. Is it a quality shaving cream with a solid reputation for lubricating and/or protecting the skin while giving a quality shave, or do most of ya'll consider it to be a below average cream? How does it compare to Proraso/C.O. Bigelow's shaving cream? Is Cremo as respected as Proraso is, or is Proraso considered to be clearly superior? Any advice or info. would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
It is an excellent product line. I've used the original and the cooling both with great results. Where I find Cremo lacking is in the quality of their scents. They don't smell bad, its just not as complex as say a Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) or any of the other mid/high range creams.

At one point Cremo was my favorite but I've moved on to TOBS. I found I got best result using a brush with cremo, even though it doesn't lather.

All these years later, I still use Cremo every now and then. For brushless, it’s great. Great when I’m in a hurry.

My wife loves it for her legs.

The trick is to use lots of water. Thin is good when it comes to Cremo.

Top Bottom