What's new

Cremo Cream Shaving Cream-Opinions?

It's a fine stand alone, non lathering cream for those "Hurry up" days. I like it in conjunction with other soaps/ creams for EXTRA SLICKNESS and IMO works better than liquid glycerin, which I keep on hand for my As and Homemade Pre- shave oil.

My thoughts exactly. I bought one tube, and keep it around just to add some slickness to some creams that need it, and which I will not buy again, and for the days that I need a super fast shave.

Seeing how some of the comments here suggest Cremo was worth another look, I tried it again today. I still had a little left in the tube after the shave this morning, but just dumped it in the trash. I've tried using Cremo by itself and have tried mixing it with both soaps and creams when using a brush. At the end of the day, it is just below par. :thumbdown

If I am ever really rushed, I can face lather with a good soap and a boar brush really quickly.

My girlfriend uses cremo exclusively now and absolutely loves it. I've used it a few times for touch ups and was impressed with the slickness and the scent.

Seeing how some of the comments here suggest Cremo was worth another look, I tried it again today. I still had a little left in the tube after the shave this morning, but just dumped it in the trash. I've tried using Cremo by itself and have tried mixing it with both soaps and creams when using a brush. At the end of the day, it is just below par. :thumbdown

If I am ever really rushed, I can face lather with a good soap and a boar brush really quickly.

I'm just curious - did you use the stuff straight out of the container or did you work it with a brush?

I'm just curious - did you use the stuff straight out of the container or did you work it with a brush?

I actually did try to use it with a brush one day (just hoping to get some good performance out of it) and it worked out to some extent. But, no, I don't think you are meant to use it with a brush. I was primarily using it by itself. When that did not work, I started experimenting with other uses for it.

Like I said, it was not terrible, but really just sub-par and I often had the razor hopping on my skin. I thought I'd give it another shot since it seams like it worked for some people here, I just did not have that same experience.

Cremo Cream is my favorite to combine with Arko stick. Rub the Cremo on, then lather up with the Arko I've formed into a puck. A great mix.:thumbup:

When using it alone I use about a Chick Pea (Garbanzo bean ?) sized amount, It really likes mucho aqua and should be fairly transparent.

I use it fairly regularly, and find it works really well for me. It's very slick and protective, but it does have to be applied correctly.

....Apparently you just wet your face, and then apply the cream directly to your face, and start to shave?... And I assume that once have applied the Cremo Cream directly to your face, you commence shaving, re-wetting the cream by simply splashing some water on your face, once the cream starts to get dry or tacky? Is that correct? Or did I misinterpret your posts? Thanks.
Yes, you do just wet your face, apply Cremo directly to your face and start to shave, but I suggest you put the cremo on your hand that you do not hold the razor with, rub it in good and make sure you use lots of water. Between passes, you can wet your hand and put a little more cream on your hand, then smear it around again. I'll smear it around a little during the pass if I feel it needs a little re-wetting. I might even put a little more water on that hand.

The other day I tried it as a pre-shave and wasn't too impressed. Seemed to clog the razor an awful lot.
I usually rinse the razor/blade under running water, as it doesn't rinse easily by just dipping it in the sink, like other lathers do.

I'm not fond of Cremo. It doesn't lather at all.

It cuts CLOSE, but offers ZERO cushion and protection - for that reason, I gave it away.

My preference is a cushiony protecting lather :thumbup1: and only tallow can offer that. Cremo shaves very much like another cream that is well rated that I don't like, JM Fraser. To me, they offer an identical shave.

Slickness and closeness can be overated, and Cremo falls into that category.

I usually rinse the razor/blade under running water, as it doesn't rinse easily by just dipping it in the sink, like other lathers do.

I used running water but found that I had to open up my 3 piece several times to get the gunk off. Just wasn't worth the hassle for me YMMV.

I found it to be very slick but not all protective. It gives a slightly uncomfortable hair tugging shower shave. The only plus is the speed factor and the brushless factor which works especially well on travel if you don't have a better kit suited for the purpose.

I've never tried to superlather it, I'll have to give that a go today with some Calani.

Hey Toretta,

You can also check out the reviews on drugstore.com. Here is the link:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=mcRHZzUv9jA&offerid=43440.190633&type=2&subid=0

As you can see from the posts on this thread, Cremo Cream is a bit polarizing. And that is reflected in the reviews on drugstore.com as well. Thankfully for me more people are in the "quality" camp rather than the "crapola" one ;)

Kinda reminds me of the Oscar Wilde quote..
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”

Have A Nice Shave!!

Regards,
KS

KS,

I like your style. Every thread regarding Creamo IS polarizing. Your demeanor in your responses is always cool and level-headed. For some odd reason, I've never come across an opportunity to try your cream, but I would love to give it a whirl some day.:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I used Cremo occasionally when I was a cart shaver. I think it handles a chave quite ably but doesn't provide enough cushion for a DE shave. Just my $.02.

I gave mine to my daughter who uses it to shave her legs. She likes it and always asks for more when she runs out.

hey guys, just wondering what the board's collective opinion of Cremo Cream Shaving Cream was? I ask because I noticed that my local Bed, Bath & Beyond carries it. Is it a quality shaving cream with a solid reputation for lubricating and/or protecting the skin while giving a quality shave, or do most of ya'll consider it to be a below average cream? How does it compare to Proraso/C.O. Bigelow's shaving cream? Is Cremo as respected as Proraso is, or is Proraso considered to be clearly superior? Any advice or info. would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

I really think that you should stop trying to find stuff at local stores and buy your stuff online. Seriously. You are missing out on many wonderful items.

Sure, there are a few quality items that we buy at B&M's, but the vast majority of amazing wet shaving creams, soaps, aftershaves, colognes, etc. simply cannot be purchased without going online and ordering them. You've mentioned Edge, Williams, and now Creamo. None of those items can compare with Tabac, Trumper, Cella, etc. They are not even in the same league.

...but I suggest you put the cremo on your hand that you do not hold the razor with...

Good call, things do get a bit slippery with Cremo.

Like others have said, this is the cream I bring with me when I travel. It's my favorite among the brushless creams I've tried.* My skin feels particularly great after using Cremo.

When I'm at home, I prefer to use a brush if it's been less than 48 hours since my last shave. My skin seems to appreciate the exfoliating action. But, if I've got three days growth or more, I don't hesitate to go brushless with Cremo.

* I've tried Oliveology, Kiehl's, and Nancy Boy (brushless). But, when NB is used with a brush I get great results.

I didn't care for the lack of lather, but the scent made me want to
use it as toothpaste; I doubt it's edible.
A fantastic orange aroma.

Top Bottom