What's new

Covid

I was diagnosed as Type II in early 2002. Later, it was changed to LADA, Agent Orange related, and I've been on insulin for over a decade. I know how bad it can be, especially when an infection or medication interaction makes your numbers spike. Please, get well RSN and get your numbers back where they belong.

It's probably no comfort at the moment, but from what I can gather current covid variants aren't as bad as they used to be. Although being a diabetic does compound the issue. Hoping for a quick recovery and no lasting effects. Take care of yourself.

Guys, unfortunately I contracted Covid last week, was diagnosed yesterday as being positive (I am always a positive person, but not when it comes to sicknesses or diseases). What hits me most is the fact that I am also a diabetic and with the virus infection and some drug I got for it, my values spiked today to a level I had never even been close to. Considered going to the ER, but my endocrinologist finally called me and gave some advise for adjusting my shots.
Should be back in business by Thursday/Friday this week.
Tell your Doc to give you antiviral (if not contraindicated)......my mom just finished her 5d.....

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Tell your Doc to give you antiviral (if not contraindicated)......my mom just finished her 5d.....
Unfortunately not possible as it interferes with the medications I take for other stuff. I did not know that either until I spoke with the doctor again last night - took my wife, she is also now positive. So we are stuck with antibiotics and steroids for now and hope this will go by fast.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Rudy, thx for the update... I was going to email you but didn't want to add any additional stress to your situation... I mean... email you for a health update... not brush stuff.... Though since you are reading this thread and are around every so often... Have you come up with an Athena razor stand idea yet?

The options for Medicare are not pretty. Paxlovid interferes with so many meds and molnupiravir is 1100 out of pocket.

Rudy’s doc is doing what mine does, azithromycin to ward of secondary infections and prednisone or Medrol to reduce inflammation. The steroid really pushes glucose numbers way up until finished.

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery for you and your wife Rudy!

My Doctor and I were discussing recent cases of Covid, good new is the new strain is mild then GENERATION 1. So people are not getting knicked down so bad.

Hope you are well soon. Wife and I just recovered from covid. About 4 weeks between us.

If ever in doubt please go to the ER. Being diabetic complicates the health picture as you are aware. Too many patients discard their instinct and wait loosing precious time. Some don't make it as a result. Don't be that patient please.

Get well soon.

Guys, unfortunately I contracted Covid last week, was diagnosed yesterday as being positive (I am always a positive person, but not when it comes to sicknesses or diseases). What hits me most is the fact that I am also a diabetic and with the virus infection and some drug I got for it, my values spiked today to a level I had never even been close to. Considered going to the ER, but my endocrinologist finally called me and gave some advise for adjusting my shots.
A speedy recovery to you sir.

Sorry you are struggling with the virus...hope you turn it around soon. 🙂👍

Top Bottom