What's new

Contest -Three Winners Will Be Selected

My Asylum RX V2 came in the mail today, super fast shipping from BullGoose. The first shave is coming up tomorrow morning!
Don't forget this contest isn't over yet! I'm looking forward to seeing what the other winners decide to buy.

20230612_124626.jpg

I agree. Even 20 to 25 years ago, you had to special order a manual transmission car unless it was a sports car. These days, manual transmission may be the perfect theft deterrent since the car thieves are baffled by it.
Just bought a used Toyota Yaris as a daily driver. Manual tranny and crank windows . Hope it lasts awhile.

I’m in.
The number 1 thing that makes me scream at the sky? The left lane / high speed lane blocker. You know the one. Putting along in the left lane. 100s of feet behind the next car in front. 6 or 8 cars stacked up behind. On the off chance they move over they increase speed by 20mph. Or they increase speed when you pass on the right. Living in oblivion!
We in Illinois are lucky to have the Dawdle Law for these left lane offenders. They will ticket you.

Something that really bothers me, that I want to believe has been a "change" from decades past, is people's use of vocabulary.

When in the hell did "cause" take the place of "because"? Each word is very real and has a very different meaning. I swear! This one really grinds my gears.

I knew as a young man that it meant something to me to pay attention to the meaning of words and to use them correctly. Not only does it demonstrate intelligence but it also feels good. Now that I'm older, I'm glad I did pay that attention, but in a way, it's been a curse, because otherwise, I wouldn't have this gripe.

Nowadays every (emotionally ambiguous) text conversation is ruled by how fast (I mean lazily) people can get their point across. This happens no matter how many assumptions are required by the recipient to interpret the dialog.

All I see are abbreviations and chopped-up words that aren't actually words. There just made up. Some examples are "dunno", "init", and "neways". Then there's the use of "of" instead of "have". Should of, no. Should have, yes! There's also the overuse of "literally" which is meant to be an embellishment to intensify whatever someone is trying to say. The correct word to use is "Actually". Yeah, I know. Groundbreaking.

Another frustration is how every name for something be it a company or a product has to have its own unique special spelling so that it stands out and (they think) looks cool. It really gets on my nerves. It's like marketing teams naming conventions are ruled by phonetics. I honestly don't like it. It makes things sound dumb instead of cool to me.

I believe some/most of these issues came from the proliferation of cell phones and in turn, text messaging. Remember when people used to actually call each other and talk? I don't even think cell phones should be called phones anymore with the aversion people have to talking. At the end of the day I believe all this texting is hurting more than it's helping.

Anyway, that's my piece and I'm sticking to it. You can all ignore me and go about your business now. Or should I say shaves?

When in the hell did "cause" take the place of "because"? Each word is very real and has a very different meaning. I swear! This one really grinds my gears.
There was an action movie years ago called "Just Cause" .... and it always cracked me up thinking of someone asking "Why did you make this stupid movie?" and the answer: "Just 'cause!"

Top Bottom