What's new

GIVEAWAY! End of summer contest - THREE winners!

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 1.09.03 PM.png

With summer at an end what better time to share a memory of summertime. This can be recently or from your childhood or anywhere in between.

To be entered in the contest just share a memory!

The three lucky winners will be selected by random.org. Each winner will have a $50.00 credit to go shopping right here. The partial screen shot up above will whet your appetite for the variety available.

This is CONUS only, please. Good luck to each one of you!

~ The Captain

Last edited:
Thanks for the generous offer. Please count me in.

One of my favorite memories is almost 50 years ago now. My wife and I went to Toronto about 2 weeks after our daughter's birth. My wife carried her in a sling in front. She said she was so used to the weight being in that location that it was no strain at all. Our daughter, with her head located over Mom's heart, slept serenely, and people frequently did a double take when they realized after several minutes of conversation that there was a baby there.

Thanks for this! Count me In and good luck to all!

Not a great idea to share my summer story if my wife ever visits this site.

One summer at a waterpark, I met this amazing girl and tried my best to have an conversation with her thru all my awkwardness. As an immature and silly teen then, I pretty much followed her around the park while her and her friends kept on secretly laughing and smiling and my friends cursing me out for not having the gal to make a move. In the end, she gave me her number and she agreed with my friends to make the first move.

Last edited:
It's the summer of 1963 in Austin, Texas. I'm 10 years old in what turned out to be an all-too-brief 1.5 year stay in that town. My younger sister and brother and I, along with our mom, are with my aunt, uncle and two cousins at a cabin my uncle owned at Lake Travis. It's the 4th of July and we're standing on the little pier near the cabin, shooting bottle rockets over the lake as the sun sets, laughing our fool heads off.
One of my favorite memories!
And thanks for the offer!

IN.

One of my favorite summer memories was going to the Nascar race in the Poconos with my wife (Girlfriend at the time) and her parents. Her Dad, RIP, who quickly became one of my closest friends was an amazing car mechanic that built and drove almost every kind of vehicle. He watched Nascar races every weekend (even more than football which he loved too). We wanted to do something special for him after he had his first heart attack scare. I was shocked to find out that he never went to a Nascar race. We both have been at plenty of Drag Racing and Monster truck events but none of us ever to a Nascar race. I told my girlfriend that we should take our tax returns and buy Skybox seats for her, her dad, her mom (RIP) and myself. We had a fregging blast! It was very hot outside too so the air condition Skybox seats with refreshments was awesome! I never seen him so happy until years later when I proposed to my wife in front of him and my then future mother in law.

Count me in. I made beds for my kiddos, son 6 and daughter 8, this summer. I let them pick thier own colors to paint them. When I finished them and they saw them assembled and made they had awesome reactions. My son picked out a royal blue color and said that his bed made him feel like he was the king of his room. When my daughter saw her "perfectly pink" bed she let out an excited gasp, gave me a big hug and said, "You made a Barbie dream bed!" Also took them fishing multiple times this summer. Lots of good memories made.

My favorite memory was from this Summer. My son and I went on a four day offshore fishing charter targeting large tuna. It was an amazing trip with stretches of fishing lasting 26 hours. Many great memories and we came back with 700 lbs of fish ( we gifted much of this to others).
The adventure had a shaving component as well. The boat was 100 nm offshore in moderate swell. I shaved daily using an aggressive razor with awesome soap (grooming dept) and had no issues.
Great memories and something my son and I hope to do again.

IMG_2853.jpeg

My summers and even now have usually been spent going tropical.. Either to our place in Florida or to the Carribean.... I still remember sitting on the beach with my oldest building sand castles and getting him comfortable to the waves and then I got to do it all over again with the twins....I hope to continue to get to make those memories for a long time to come....

Two summers ago I spent two weeks in Italy with some friends. We went to Rome and the Amalfi coast. It was brutally hot, but we were surrounded by beautiful scenery, wonderful people, and incredible food. And swimming in the Mediterranean Sea was like nothing I had ever experienced. I brought my Proraso, of course.

Another amazing PIF. Thank you for being so generous. A memory I have is of going to my grandparents each summer as a kid. I would also visit my cousins during those visits. Great times. Not in, but amazed at how you give to this community.

I am graciously in...Thanks Captain big time....for doing this....pretty damn special members here!
So ..the truncated verison:
I was in my 30's. Just a few decades back....now turning 66 soon. Summer traveling around the country, had no plans to settle down and get married. I really thought it was not for me.
Meet my Korinne in middle of my best summer ever ( because of her).
Boom...game over...been together since...and changed my life it so many many amazing great ways..
K_and_I.jpg

Cheers
BFX

My summer memory was keeping a T-shirt in the fridge so I could play outside in the heat and humidity and then run in and put on the shirt so I didn’t overheat and could keep playing. It felt great for about 20 seconds and then I was hot again.

Great trip to Colorado this year with my wife and 2 daughters. Usually, I fish alone and they hike around. This year I got them each to agree to go on a guided fly fishing trip where they teach you to cast and help you fish. They all caught 1 fish and had a blast. It meant the world to me.

My best memory this summer is watching my kids grow at 14 and 19
realizing this summer was a HUGE forward for both of them and while we did not get to go on any special trips it has still been a great summer :)
and my 14 yr old boy has caught me in height at 5'11" :) he is quite happy about this

My best summer memory, my young daughter caught her first fish, a 5” perch. Perhaps more/less exciting, I dropped my CC copper shave bowl so many times that I started doing tricks with the rebounds. Amazing latherer, not a scratch on it and will outlive the foxes and cockroaches. It’s my lifetime camping shave bowl, thanks Captain!

Top Bottom