What's new

Considering a VINTAGE NAKAYAMA TENNIN TOISHI

Update: I've been communicating with Maxim at JNS and he's getting some more stones this week or next week.

Umm, if you think about it, aren't all stone hones vintage? As in about 20,000,000 years old?

So at least that's not false advertising.....

:001_huh:

I'd rather sit out the transition from rad to had. Good stones aren't cheap, and I can't afford several multi-hundred dollar gambles. I also don't like selling stuff I'm not happy with - I'd rather not have bought it. And the edges I get from the humble c12k are very good. That it has no prestige does not mean much to me. I got bit by the jnat bug after buying a blade finished on a N-Asagi. Strangest edge I've ever touched. 'So smooth you don't think it's sharp. 'Doesn't feel particularly sharp against the face. Yet a single wtg pass clears more stubble than any blade I have. 'Tried a 30k Shapton finish. Sharp. Really, really sharp, but harsh on the face. So after unsuccessfully trying to buy from a local source, I sent mail to Mr. Yamashita of japan-tool.com. He's spoken of with great reverence for his knowledge and seeming unfailing ability to deliver quality. So the modest sized asagi should show up any day now. Then the fun & experimentation begins.
I couldn't do an ebay with confidence.

Top Bottom