What's new

Club CELLA

My first shave with Cella. I opened it last night and the aroma was amazing. It did not disappoint when I used it this morning. A wonderful shave with great lather-ability and shave-ability. I have been waiting to use Cella, and the wait was definitely worth it.
CELLA
NGT Pure Badger
Aristocrat - Voskhod (3)
Lemon Witch Hazel
Clubman
$20140921_141431.jpg

Last edited:
Sign me up for Club Cella. Used it today for both face and head shaving. Such a great performer and I find myself sniffing the soap occasionally. I bought a piece of the kilo brick from another member. Will definitely be part of my den always.

My favorite soap. Started with a kg brick, best thing i ever bought. Slick and thick lather, i use it for most of my shaves.

My God! There's a Cella Club!?

I've been Wet Shaving for 2 years now and the first year I went through a vast variety of soaps before I finally find my one true soap-love: Cella.

Now, it is all I exclusively use. I have my own brick and after a year, I've barely torn through half of it. I just love that slick, protective lather, with a luscious scent. The price is fantastic and truly one of the best deals in the shaving world.

My brick arrived today, I'm all set, may vary a little on weekends, but Cella is my daily driver at least M-F, retired my arko to my bro in law, arko is a very close 2nd to Cella IMHO, another classic that performs superior and won't break the bank!

My brick arrived today, I'm all set, may vary a little on weekends, but Cella is my daily driver at least M-F, retired my arko to my bro in law, arko is a very close 2nd to Cella IMHO, another classic that performs superior and won't break the bank!

Congratulations PMT, how does it feel to be the proud new owner of 2.2lbs of Almond perfection? :thumbup: Let us all know how that first shave goes from the block. We all sit on the edge of our seats. :popc:

I will be updating the OP with more useful links as well as links to where to get samples from the Kilo in just a bit.

Here was today's set up.
$20140924_182632.jpg

I recall a time when "buying a kilo" had an altogether different connotation. :blink:

:lol: I have a feeling that a Kilo of Cella is going to be a little better for your skin then a lot of the other things that come in Kilo denominations...

I wanted to add a few links to the Club Cella thread since it is too late to update the OP

A few places to get samples of Cella from the Kilo brick are:

http://sampleshop.blogspot.com/
http://www.shaveready.net/product/cella-extra-extra-purissma-shaving-soap $12.00 shipped

Congratulations PMT, how does it feel to be the proud new owner of 2.2lbs of Almond perfection? :thumbup: Let us all know how that first shave goes from the block. We all sit on the edge of our seats. :popc:

I will be updating the OP with more useful links as well as links to where to get samples from the Kilo in just a bit.

Here was today's set up.
View attachment 499792
Cut a chunk off and pushed it into my mug, soooo easy to do! Shaved last night with it, a little different than tub as Marco says, but all in all pure shaving bliss!!! And to answer how it feels? I am in shaving heaven! This will last a while and when it's gone, kilo #2 will be ordered, can't wait to try it warm with my scuttle! The box it comes in is cool funky too, like Santa shaving on the front of it. Thank you for forming the coolest club on b&b!!!

Cut a chunk off and pushed it into my mug, soooo easy to do! Shaved last night with it, a little different than tub as Marco says, but all in all pure shaving bliss!!! And to answer how it feels? I am in shaving heaven! This will last a while and when it's gone, kilo #2 will be ordered, can't wait to try it warm with my scuttle! The box it comes in is cool funky too, like Santa shaving on the front of it. Thank you for forming the coolest club on b&b!!!

Yep, different from the tub. I thought that right off the bat too. Just wait until shave 2 and 3 from the kilo, it will all fall right into place... :) At least it did for me, I have been exclusively using the Kilo brick (red tub above is for visual since i dont have box) and the lathers have been amazing and getting better with each chance I get to perfect it. I can also say that as soon as my pyrex tub is empty, its another Italian Kilo for me!! This stuff will be top tier for me until I retire from shaving! :lol:

Thank you for being a part of the coolest club on B&B!!!

Before joining B&B I used L'Occitane Cade exclusively. People here got me curios and now I own 10-15 soaps. Cella simply out stands.
BTW, I feel we are missing Marco in the Cella club.

The thread of Cella lovers???? Awesome!
I am a novice in wet shaving (2 months in) and I bought the little red tube after the vendor was telling me for 15 min that it is the best soap ever and I needn't bother with any other soap or cream. At the same time, 2 friends of mine had prepared samples of each and every soap/cream they had in order to help me find the best. At first I was using the samples with OK results. Then I tried the Cella. I was immediately disappointed. No matter what, I couldn't get something other than a white mess which had nothing to do with lather. I forgot about Cella. 2 weeks later, I was browsing these fora and tripped over Marco's threads (the ones that appear in the first post). I give Marco's method a swing(Thank you Marco!) with Cella and bam, the best lather ever. Since then it's the most used soap. At some point I tried adding a small menthol crystal in the lather. The best that ever happened. Now not only is it the best lather ever, but leaves a cool feel on the skin.
PS: Oneshaveatatime, is it ok if I add CellaClub to my signature??

The thread of Cella lovers???? Awesome!
I am a novice in wet shaving (2 months in) and I bought the little red tube after the vendor was telling me for 15 min that it is the best soap ever and I needn't bother with any other soap or cream. At the same time, 2 friends of mine had prepared samples of each and every soap/cream they had in order to help me find the best. At first I was using the samples with OK results. Then I tried the Cella. I was immediately disappointed. No matter what, I couldn't get something other than a white mess which had nothing to do with lather. I forgot about Cella. 2 weeks later, I was browsing these fora and tripped over Marco's threads (the ones that appear in the first post). I give Marco's method a swing(Thank you Marco!) with Cella and bam, the best lather ever. Since then it's the most used soap. At some point I tried adding a small menthol crystal in the lather. The best that ever happened. Now not only is it the best lather ever, but leaves a cool feel on the skin.
PS: Oneshaveatatime, is it ok if I add CellaClub to my signature??

Is this not one of the best stories I have heard yet!! This holds true for so many, until they try Marco's method with this and other italian soft soaps, they do not see what the fuss is about. Im glad that you decided to give it a second shot AVariCe. :laugh: I think it would be AWESOME if you added this club to your signature! I put ClubCELLA because I thought it looked kind of catchy. :001_cool: Everybody else that wants to add this club to your signature I would be all for it. I should have put that in the OP.

My shave today with CELLA was remarkable! The lather was once again full thick slick and very protective! I cant say enough about the performance of this soap. Its my favorite. If you didnt know. :lol:

Yep, different from the tub. I thought that right off the bat too. Just wait until shave 2 and 3 from the kilo, it will all fall right into place... :) At least it did for me, I have been exclusively using the Kilo brick (red tub above is for visual since i dont have box) and the lathers have been amazing and getting better with each chance I get to perfect it. I can also say that as soon as my pyrex tub is empty, its another Italian Kilo for me!! This stuff will be top tier for me until I retire from shaving! :lol:

Thank you for being a part of the coolest club on B&B!!!
my tub is now in my travel kit so I will have perfection when on the road!

Took me a while to get around to this soap, but now that I have tried it there absolutely no going without it!
Again: Marco made me do it :thumbup: Along with the help of a few others.

Interesting experience with my tub of Cella today. Normally I like the dry method to load my Stirling and now my Cella. I find that I just can control it better when I face lather. Takes a while, but predictable. Today I tried Marco's method with my little red tub. Works. Pretty messy! I face lathered after loading, and found I did not need to add any more water and it lathered fine. My dry method works well also. I will probably stick with that because I can control it a bit better. I just keep dipping the brush tips in water and working it until I get the slickness and thickness. Really nice stuff.

Top Bottom