What's new

CLOSED -- PIF - Honoring B&B'ers and my 1000th Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS PIF IS CLOSED -- THANKS, EVERYONE!

In honor of all the gentleman here at B&B who have deleted my threads, given me sage advice, sent me blades & samples of soap, loaned me razors to try, identified my wild finds, included me in their passarounds, dealt with me on the square and shamelessly encouraged my numerous shaving acquisition disorders...I am offering up the following PIF:

A Gem Deluxe set with a pkg of SE blades
1955 (A-1) Flair Tip SS with a couple tucks of blades
Fine Angel Hair brush
Tube of C.O. Bigelow
Tube of Boticario de Havana (preshave that I use as AS balm)
A sizable chunk of one of my favorites Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima (not the whole brick).

This PIF is open to anyone, newbie or long term member, I would ask that you please have 88 posts minimum.

To enter simply post "I am in", and tell briefly how a B&B member has made your experience here at B&B a good one.

I will never forget when a B&B member, during a blade discussion, offered to mail me a free blade sampler in my first few days on the forum. That simple gesture made me feel genuinely welcome and was my first taste of B&B hospitality. Thank You Darth Kevdogg! @kevdogg329

This PIF will run through 2/4/2016 and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator at that time.

CONUS ONLY
(Unless you are willing to help with shipping)

Good Luck !

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 334
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. That's a very generous offer. I love the folks here at B&B because not matter how stupid or repetitive I feel a question I have as a newer guy is, they patiently put input in. And not one or two guys, but 15 or 20. Also, it's great how enthusiastically everyone shares this hobby here. To feel like you can talk to other people who "get it". Who enjoy your hobby as much as you do and don't think anything you might do as a result is too much. Also if I am the lucky winner of this PIF I'm more then happy to help with shipping even though I'm CONUS.

I'm in. Thanks for the opportunity. Very interested in trying an SE. Several members of B&B have made my experienceon the forum a great one. I've learned so much from reading through pages of wisdom on all aspects of DE shaving. Most recently, eleuther0s has sent me an excellent Whipped Dog badger brush, for which I'm very grateful.

Im in! Outstanding PIF, thanks for the opportunity.

This forum in general has been simply incredible in helping me achieve fantastic head shaves. From my first post, all the members have been incredibly generous with their time and advice, their support and their encouragement.

There arent many places in the real world that you can meet complete strangers that genuinely have the best interest of others in mind. To find all those people conglomerated onto a single forum around the subject of shaving is just fantastic!

I cant single out 1 member or experience that has made this special. All the members and the forum of itself IS a special experience...

great PIF, but I'll pass for now. I've got to do some inventory and figure out what my next PIF will be! I will say I not only enjoy my shave much more since coming to B&B, but this forum has taught me how to shave closer too. It is also the greatest group of people on the internet.

I'm in!.

One of many members who has helped me is imatabor. He sent me a free starter strop for my journey into the world of straight razor shaving.

I'm in.... I can't even begin to pick a single member. Whether it's been PIFers, advice givers or random chatting I just love all the members. I do recall though that I first knew this was the place to hang out my first day. I was asking about the best way to use canned goo with my new safety razor, and that day a member sent me an entire sampler pack of TOBS creams and my first brush, and then asked me not to mention him (sorry!) bc he just wanted to share the shaving love.... How can you NOT like that kind of community?!

I'm in

the reason i joined B&B was from a member here @brianw
he is the one who stuck the needle in my arm for wet shaving... he game me my first brush and taught me to lather properly.
he even came into work and had a "lather clinic" in the restroom with myself and another coworker...haha we got a few looks from other coworkers that day..lol
he even PIF'ed my other coworker his first razor.. great guy

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I'm in.

I have gotten a PIF from more than one member. I am amazed at how generous the other members are. One member sent me a bar of soap and spent $3.50 for the postage. And one member sent me a Merkur razor and 25 blades. And there are other members who were more generous than I.

If I won the PIF, I would give it to my nephew Alex and a friend.

Amazing PIF! I'm in. If it wasn't for members PIFing me things my meager den would still be meager and my meager knowledge base would still be meager. The feeling of community here is what makes this a great hobby.

Last edited:
I'm in, please.
After my first shave, my wife had a hard time laughing through her tears. A new and cheap boar, thin VDH lather, and a heavy handed Gillette SS were the components of that shave..... My face was splotchy, bleeding and raw.. She was convinced I would bleed to death if I kept it up. I'll admit it did take a week for the skin at the corners of my mouth to heal before I could shave again.

Thanks to Ackvil, xxvaleria, BSAGuy and a number of others, I quickly learned about the 3 rules of successful DE shaving.....
No Pressure, More NO Pressure, Good Grief EVEN MORE NO Pressure!!

I'm not expert but I'm getting better at shaving thanks to everyone on this forum.

And it's fun to be here.

Very nice PIF, I'm in. I'm thankful for all the wonderful advice. I won a PIF from eleuther0s that contained some MW samples. I probably would have never tried it due to the reputation for being difficult to lather. Now it is one of my absolute favorites!! :thumbup:

Not in just wanted to shout out to you. Your generosity has helped me discover SE shaving which I'm truly loving.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Not in but I give many thanks to MGBBrown, Bladeshark, Pinan, CBLindsay, Mr. Brian, and many others that have showed me much kindness.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom