What's new

RazoRock Zi'Peppino Green Tobacco

$rrzipeppshavesoapopen_large.jpg

I've had about a 7 shaves with this. The scent isn't for me, but the performance is great.

Price- $6.99

Overall- 6/10
Scent- 3/10 (I'm not a fan. You might like it.)
Latherability- 9/10
Efficacy- 9/10
Moisturizing properties- 6/10
Packaging- 7/10
Would buy again- No, not in this sent.

Scent
The scent in the tub is actually fairly pleasant. It smells flowery and pleasantly soapy (a bit like a rose) with inexpensive laundry detergent grade lavender, a hint of lime, and some oakmoss. This puts it solidly in the fougere category, and I love fougeres. Unfortunately, when you lather it and apply to your face, it all falls apart. The laundry detergent lavender takes over and smells a good bit like Fabuloso (a cleaning product often found at dollar stores). The hit of lime turns into lime jolly rancher. The general flowery smell tickles your nose. The core soapy and moss smell help to save the scent a little, but this isn't anything I really enjoy smelling.

Overall, it just smells a little bit too synthetic to me. I probably made a mistake by buying a fougere scent. Fougere's are my favorite personal scent category, and I'm a bit picky about them. I love the natural lavender scent found in something like Caron pour un Homme, the fleeting lavender that awakens the senses in Quorum, the dusky lavender in Azzaro pour homme, or the fresh lavender field scent in Puig's Agua Lavanda. All of those are natural smelling and very nice. The lavender in this soap is just something I can't get used to and the rest of it just doesn't wow me.

Performance
Absolutely outstanding! I used Marco's technique for Italian soaps. Granted, I did use a heretical Spanish Vie-Long horsehair brush. This is stands among the best performing soaps I've ever used. The bowl could be a little larger to accommodate lathering, but that is my only quibble. I will definitely purchase RR soaps again with performance like this.

Overall
I give this soap a 6/10. The scent isn't my cup of tea, but the performance is so good I'm still using it at least once a week in my rotation.

I felt the same way about ZP, the scent is more of a Tobacco flower, which smells like laundry detergent IMO. It's not a bad scent, but a bit floral. Soaps performance is not bad though.

I love ZP - particularly the scent. Granted it's fairly mild, but very fresh and natural to my nose. While it is a floral scent, I suppose, I don't find it flowery at all. Typically excellent RR performance for me as well. Pairs beautifully with Alt-Innsbruck aftershave.

Very good review. Scent aside, I'm curious if the performance of other RR soaps are similar (I've never tried RR soaps). You could always PIF it. :001_smile

I might PIF it. I'm working on a box of things I don't use much. Right now, I've got a Gem G-Bar, a 5 pack of my favorite SE blades, and a tub of unopened hair product set aside.

The RR Don Marco is in the same soap line, La Famiglia, but I'm not sure if I'd be crazy about something that smells like Orange Creamsicle on my face. I think I'll try Don Donato (Absinthe and a hint of Cedar), Essential Oil of Lavender, RazoRock XX (complex Mediterranean scent), or Italian Barber Eleganza (like 4711).

Wondering if the Italian Barber line of soaps is from the same maker of Razo Rock. They have an interesting line of soaps as well.

Top Bottom