What's new

***CLOSED***WildWest74's 1000th Post PIF!***Winner chosen***

Another good line from "The Cowboys" by Roscoe Lee Brown with a noose around his neck:

"Lord, forgive me for the men I have killed........and for those I am about to kill."

(Bruce Dern's eyes bug out of their sockets)

14900520_10209102673821762_8111338644962151541_n.jpg

Count me in!
I'm the one on Kevin's left by the way.

So many good choices. The western is one of my favorite genres. One of my favorite scenes is early in the 1973 "My name is Nobody" where Henry Fonda goes for a shave and the outlaw has replaced the barber. He's just ready to slit his throat and you hear the clicks of the revolver and the scene shows the muzzle firmly placed in the new barbers crotch. A nice careful shave follows.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Such an awesome PIF. Not worried about winning, although it would be great. Just want to bump it up in case there are others that want the opportunity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm in

My favorite western is The Magnificent Seven from 1960. New one cannot hold a candle to it. That movie shows what real men are like - tough as nails and spit fire.

My quotes from that movie are:

Vin: It's like a fellow I once knew in El Paso. One day, he just took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him that same question, "Why?"

Chris Adams: I have been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.

Calvera: If God didn't want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep.

Last edited:
Watching Big Jake right now... love all the times when they find out who he is and they say "I thought you was dead"

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Another good line from "The Cowboys" by Roscoe Lee Brown with a noose around his neck:

"Lord, forgive me for the men I have killed........and for those I am about to kill."

(Bruce Dern's eyes bug out of their sockets)

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that line in that movie. It's a great scene.. and Bruce Dern made such hate-able villain..

I'm definitely in!
Hope you accept international contenders :)

"You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend - those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
- Badass Clint :)

Clint Eastwood.jpg

Everyone has until 10PM ET to post their entry, and a winner will be announced tomorrow.

There is also still time to try and guess my favorite western quote. Even if you already entered or if your aren't participating in the main PIF, whoever posts my favorite all-time quote will win an instant prize.

Thanks to everyone for joining in!

A million ways to die in the west.
Anna: You're a good sheep farmer!
Albert: Oh my god, please! I suck at sheep. Louise was right, I can't keep track of them. There was a sheep in the whorehouse the last week.
Anna: Really?
Albert: Yeah. Wandered in there, and then when I went to pick it up, somehow it had made 20 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boone: I'm actually starting to miss my wife's cooking.
Stubby Bill: ****, I'm actually startin' to miss your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooster Cogburn: You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him.

Top Bottom