What's new

Circle of Night Shavers. Are you one? Why?

I'm kind of backwards. I generally shave right after work. I work very early. My shift starts at 5:15am but I live pretty far (32 miles from work) and I work at a large company with off site parking so I have to take a bus from the employee lot to the building so I am up at 3am every day. Too early for me to shave. I find it a nice relaxing wind down from my day and shave mid afternoon or at night.

I never really gotten into the morning shave routine. I had a beard (or at least a goatee) for many years and when I did shave there was not a set schedule.

I prefer to shave at night before bed for several reasons previously mention. I can take my time and if I get a nick, it's healed by morning. Also, I'm blond, so my afternoon whiskers aren't as noticeable.

I like to shave in the evening at around 9:00 pm plenty of time to enjoy it and a love the feel of the pillow under my recently shaved head
Gaz

In summer I usually drag myself out of bed at 430 so I shave at night. Winter I'm on call and usually weird schedule so I shave when ever I can. Usually night.

Work days and nights at work. The days start at 06:00 and it's too early to be up shaving. I prefer the 19:30 put four year old to bed then have nice leisurely shave and shower. Head down stairs afterward for an hour or two of TV watching with SWMBO.

I shave at night because I enjoy it. Shaving is like putting a bow on a completed day. It's like taking off your shoes and relaxing, like sitting in silence with one you love. And it's slightly practical as well. It give the old mug a few hours to rejuvenate. And if your getting BBS smooth its not like the beard will be back that quick. I still get a five o'clock shadow later in the day but its actually much less than the one I used to get when cart. shaving in the morning.

Plus it's a 45 minute period of my time, uninterrupted and peaceful.

I shave at night because I enjoy it. Shaving is like putting a bow on a completed day. It's like taking off your shoes and relaxing, like sitting in silence with one you love. And it's slightly practical as well. It give the old mug a few hours to rejuvenate. And if your getting BBS smooth its not like the beard will be back that quick. I still get a five o'clock shadow later in the day but its actually much less than the one I used to get when cart. shaving in the morning.

Plus it's a 45 minute period of my time, uninterrupted and peaceful.

Totally agree. I just finished my shave and now it's bed time. So relaxed.

I shave every night after midnight. Retired insomniac here. The shower/shave experience is so very relaxing, especially with a few certain soaps and splashes.

I'm an occasional night shaver. It depends on my day. My morning shave is normally around 5am. If I have early evening plans I'll try to sneak in a shave between 3pm & 6pm. When I have evening plans, I'll shave a second time around 8 or 9pm so I don't look like a bum when the lights come on at last call.

I exclusively shave in the evening/night.

I have to be up at 3AM and out the door by 3:45AM for work. The last thing I want to be doing is hurriedly scraping a razor blade across my jugular vein while half asleep.

After I get home and ready for bed around 8PM or so, the bathroom is free and I can take all the time in the world for a relaxing shave after my shower. I'm almond scented fiend and find that scent to be very relaxing and soothing before bed.

Plus, I get to climb into bed with my wife, all smooth, clean, and soft.

Even on my off days, I prefer to shave at night. I just like the way my face feels the next morning. Like the extra sleep and rest gave my face some much needed rejuvenation.

I work nights, so i mainly shave at night. However i do a few morning shaves here and there and when I'm off. Is that good enough to count as being one of the CONS?
Also i don't have the same routine as most. I like to shower after work before going to bed so i am clean in bed. Then when i get up for work i just shave and clean up a little. Always feels better to get into bed clean.
So i don't have the whole face prep shower deal of most. Mainly just a hot water splash with a wash.

Great way to end the day!!! With a wife and 4 kids, I don't like having to fight for bathroom time so I tend to shave at night.

Had an incredibly relaxing shave last night before bed.

My wife was all cozy on the couch, the puppy was passed out after a long day of running around, and I was just winding down from a long day at work. I did a slow and enjoyable, 2 pass shave with some touch up that left my face BBS.

I love shaving at night. No rush, distractions, or my wife trying to get in and do her thing. Plus, I get to use some heavy moisturizers that I can leave on my face over night without worrying about looking like an oil slick in public.

Top Bottom