What's new

Circle of Night Shavers. Are you one? Why?

I shave at night 95% of the time.

Reasons?

1) Time... I usually dont have time in the morning, especially because I keep a beard and mustache, and need to trim those too!

2) I have a sensitive neck, and if I shave at night, by the time I wake up the next day, the irritation on my neck is gone. And if I was sloppy/used a bad blade, etc, and ended up with weepers, they are vanished by then.

I shave at night 95% of the time.

Reasons?

1) Time... I usually dont have time in the morning, especially because I keep a beard and mustache, and need to trim those too!

2) I have a sensitive neck, and if I shave at night, by the time I wake up the next day, the irritation on my neck is gone. And if I was sloppy/used a bad blade, etc, and ended up with weepers, they are vanished by then.
Second reason is more than enough to avoid morning shaves!

Good stuff!

As I built up a routine with a DE razor, I found that I prefer shaving at night. I get to take my time and really enjoy the whole process, instead of just rushing through it to get to work on time.

Night shaving saved me last night. For some reason I got some neck irritation even though nothing really changed with my technique from normal.

By this morning it had disappeared.

Night shaving FTW!

I'm in!

SWMBO hogs the single sink bathroom
in the mornings. Plus, I can spend more
relaxing time and concentration as I am
new to wet shaving and I use a SR.
in addition, I'm not really a morning
person, and want to avoid bodily harm
with only one eye open.

I don't have to shave in a hurry.

If I make a mess I have the whole night for healing.

It makes for a perfect time to forget about what went on during the day.

I have more time for experimenting - today was lather with common soap whose smell I like (Heno de Pravia, Magno, La Toja and Vieja Lavanda Fulton are worth checking out, IMHO).

After a shower it makes for the perfect end of the day since I get rid of reminding stress.

It can be a good move if I want to get intimite with my wife ;)

I always feel rushed if I shave before work, while I've done it. I prefer to shave after as a way of relaxing. My new schedule makes "after work" at noon.

Last edited:
Weekends, Friday and Saturday evenings, have been likely times to shave late, and in both cases, often related to relationships. My girl friends / wives, being brought up in a clean-shaven world, never appreciated stubble at all. So, if my Friday morning shave hadn't been really good, I shaved again. Saturday mornings have always been a lazy time, wearing scruffy clothes around the yard, in the garage, under the hood of the car, etc

So, Saturday evening was likely to require a shave, unless I was "between" a current relationship's end and a new one's beginning. Having been in a "between" situation over a longer period now than ever before (unless we count BACK from about age twelve downward?), I am frequently only shaving about five days a week, not necessarily the work week's five, being retired.

I always want to work out in the evening after work, and I only shave after a hot shower, so to alleviate the need for two showers a day I always shower and shave in the evening. It also helps so that I can be out the door and on my way to work about 10 minutes after waking up.

I almost never shave first thing in the morning. But what time I do shave is all over the board, anywhere from late morning to just before bed. It depends on what my home and work schedules are like.

Mainly, I dislike getting up early to shave. I also am a cold-water shaver because I get less irritation, but I'm a hot-water showerer who showers in the morning.

Night shave for me . I get to unwind and enjoy. Plus I shave a full head of hair so it takes a lot longer to do head and face . But I do change it up and use a different razor for the head and face

I usually shave at night because I usually end up waking up late and I like going to sleep clean shaved so I can faceturbate while I sleep lol

I too, shave mostly at night. I find it is conducive to relaxing and reflecting on the day. It is also easier to take my time and enjoy the shave at night. I love to shave in the early morning hours, when the house is quiet and peaceful. I find it very "zen".

Top Bottom