What's new

Circle of Night Shavers. Are you one? Why?

Join the world famous Circle of Night Shavers.

Just curious. Do you shave at night? And if so, why? I read mostly about gents that have a morning routine with their shaving. I'm a bit different, I shave at night on my weekends and my weekdays before work I shave late afternoon. I don't have to leave to work until 5PM so that's the reason for a late shave. On my weekends that's when I let loose and enjoy an nice wet shave. Hot shower, great shave, movie with the wife on the couch and call it a night.

My pops would do that when I was young. We would watch wild life docs on discovery. Him smelling like Musk or Old Spice. I'll do the same with my kids.

Nastalgia I'm trying to recreate.

For me, that's livin'.

So why do you shave at night? I'd like to know.

I shave in the evening to save time in the morning (4:45am). BeforeI went to DE shaving, I used to use a Braun which was obnoxiously loud. Not what you want to hear at 0 dark thirty. :)

Now that I discovered DE shaving, I find it to be most enjoyable. Relaxing. So it's a nice routine to wind down the day. I also found a DE shave carries me a bit longer through the day. I will start to stubble right around 2-3pm when I get off work. Perfect.

I'll join! I'm a night shaver as well. It's a great way to relax and a nice bit of quiet after work. My only exception would be when I work a double shift (24hrs) and shave about halfway through. It's also nice to get in bed clean shaven and smelling good for the SWMBO.:001_tt1:

My schedule flip flops back and forth from nights and days every few days. When I'm working days I have to get up @ 0415hrs so I choose to shave at night before I get into bed. Then when I'm working nights I shower and shave before I leave at 1630hrs

I shave at night because I get up at 5:30. So I don't want to wake everyone up. The main reason is I get to take my time and enjoy the shave. Relaxes me before I go to bed.

I work a swing shift in the oil patch. So I'm either working nights or days every other week. I shave at night mostly because that's when I woke up or I have time after a day shift. I'm not into rushing my shave.

I'm a night shaver also. I shave at night basically so that I can sleep in a little longer. SWMBO and I are normally getting ready around the same time each morning, so I find it keeps the house more harmonious if I shave in the evening. It leaves me more time - I'm never rushed when I shave before bed. Plus it relaxes me, and I'm smooth and smell good when I hop into bed. Even on the weekends, the earliest I'll shave is mid-afternoon.

I flip-flop due to working graveyard shift.

My shaves go Sunday morning (around 10) Tuesday (around 10), Wednesday (22:00) night, Friday night (16:00)

I shave in the evening before bed when I'll be working day shifts to save me some time the morning of. When I work my night shifts I shave right before I leave for work. I usually don't shave on my days off, but when I do I shave in the mornings.

I'm in. I started night shaving while at military school. I'd shave around 1:00AM so as to beat the rush at 5:00AM. I'd have plenty of time for a good shave and still pass the 6:00AM (I'm sorry, 0600, it's been awhile) inspection. Now it's more of a habbit and I like not feeling rushed, especially after picking up this DE shave hobby.

I too shave at night. I'm not a morning person, and have to share the bathroom with finance and stepson. At night when it quiets down I can take my time and enjoy myself. If I were to try in the morning I would have to rush around while still a zombie. I'd probably injure myself.

Me too.
I used to shave in the morning when shaving was just a chore. Now I shave in the evening, and it's a part of my winding-down routine before bed.
My skin is in better shape in the evenings, I have more time to enjoy my shave and I go to bed smooth chinned and smelling good, which my wife appreciates.
Never going back again.

Night shaver here as well. I just have more time and find it more relaxing in the evening than rushing in the morning. I like to get every last minute of sleep before I wake up.

I also start work at 5:00AM always in a big hurry! Love to enjoy my shave so I shave at nite go to sleep feeling clean and refreshed.

Top Bottom