What's new

Circle of Night Shavers. Are you one? Why?

I also read another shaver who said that it's much better for your skin if you sleep on a cleaner pillow. To that end, he showered and shaved at night so that when he went to sleep his face was as clean as it could possibly be every night.

If you shower in the morning, then every night you are putting an entire day's worth of Gunk on your pillow and rolling around in it all night. Of course that is extreme wording, and less valid if you wash your face before bed, of course.

But I think that's pretty good point.

(Sent from mobile)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Here is tonight's shave:
20201202_120427~2.jpg

I shave in the mornings as a matter of routine, and at nights a few times a week. The nightly shaves vary - sometimes just because and sometimes because my wife requests it.

The majority of my shaves tend to be evening ones. I work as an EMT on 2 ambulance services and work a variety of shifts, the majority being 12 hours or more. Evening shaving on my nights off helps me to relax, it's a little bit of meditation time.

Count me in -- I shave & shower in the evening. Going to bed all-cleaned-up has always seemed to be a good idea. I'm often rushed in the morning, so it's nice to not feel I must fit in a shave (vs. enjoying it in the evening).

I'm a night shaver too. I like to shower at night before bed so it makes sense to shave after the shower. I like going to bed showered! And I'm a night owl which means that it's a late shower and shave. My night shave will last me throughout the workday.

My shaves are always straight after a shower, so my shave time is dictated by when I shower. Morning shaver Mon-Fri before office work. Late afternoon shaver Sat-Sun after working outside.

I shave before I go to bed like 95% of the time. Although I rarely nick, cut myself or irritate my skin like I used to in the past, I just want to make it even more safe for me, which is one of the few razors why I shave before I go to sleep and if anything happens my face has at least 8 hours to heal. I'd rather sleep 30-40 minutes more and wake up prepared than waking up early and rush my shaves when I can take all the time in the world and get a nice 3 + pass BBS shave that would still last in the morning and most of the day.

A friend of mine claims that when he shaves in the morning it somehow refreshes him and he likes it a lot, but I don't get the same refreshment as he does, so I stick to night shaving.

I work a 1:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. shift and I really enjoy a nice, relaxing shave and shower to wake me up. It's the first "me time" I get.

I usually shave after a shower in the evening. It allows any possible irritation to heal a bit before I go out into the public. Also, it allows me to use a post shave aftershave and then reapply a different scent (if desired) the next morning.

Top Bottom