What's new

Circle of Night Shavers. Are you one? Why?

Consider me part of the club. I think I'm going to start transitioning completely to night shaves. I used to shave in the afternoon before heading to work, but not only would I end up going to work with a visibly irritated face if the shave goes south, but if I miss any spots and only notice this after the fact, I have to live with it until I can get back home and do touch-ups. Shaving at night is relaxing, I can do it however I want without being rushed, and I always have time to do touch-ups. Plus, if I shave ATG, then the shave will be close enough by tomorrow to still look good.

Hello everybody. I tried night shaving for the first time and love the convenience of it. My morning workouts don't sting my face, I actually have spare time to make espresso and watch the ole Twilight Zone. It's a fantastic way of life that I am ashamed to have just discovered.
Count me in!

As it is, I take all my showers at night, after work. I keep up that schedule on my weekends as well.

I shave right after my showers so that qualifies me as a night shaver.

The night also gives me more time to prep, lather, and really enjoy my shave. It's a nice way to relax after work.

I think it's important to remember to have your first drink of the night after your shave, rather than starting before.

As it is, I take all my showers at night, after work. I keep up that schedule on my weekends as well.

I shave right after my showers so that qualifies me as a night shaver.

The night also gives me more time to prep, lather, and really enjoy my shave. It's a nice way to relax after work.

I'm the same. I like to shower and shave at night and use the shower (and shaving) to relax. Lots more time, no time pressure, etc.

Weeknight shaving is the best. I save the morning shaves for weekends when I have time otherwise there is no way I can get myself to do anything in the morning before work :p (And take my time to enjoy it). A proper DE shave will last throughout the day fairly well, especially with a Muhle R41.

I think it's important to remember to have your first drink of the night after your shave, rather than starting before.

Agreed for the sake of nicks, but there's something great about a hot shower (finish with cold), a nice single and then a good shave.

The whole idea of a traditional wet shave is to be relaxing and enjoyable. For me, it's part of my winding down routine at night. Nothing like crawling into bed after a nice hot shower and a good shave.

I'm a night shaver, and proud to be one!

I've been shaving at nights ever since Navy boot camp back in 1978.

I've only had a good reason to enjoy night shaving since I took up wet shaving last year. Now I can relax and enjoy one of life's great pleasures!

I'm a night shaver, for several reasons.

1-I don't want to feel rushed or have time constraints. I get up at 5:15 every morning without adding a lengthy shower and shave process to it.
2-I work for a fireplace installer and service company. I am mostly in the office, but there are 5 or 6 woodstoves and fireplaces plus about 10 pellet stoves all burning in the showroom that need to be cleaned, and when it gets busy, I'm often out in the field with the guys. It's a dirty job, and showering after work makes more sense than showering before work, and I like to shave after a long, hot shower.
3-It is my Moment of Zen. I get to relax and take a long, hot shower and wash away the day followed by a relaxing, luxurious shave. As long as I get a good shave, my head stays reasonably clean for most of the next day. Just enough stubble to shave again the next evening.

I go at night when I use a straight. I'm really not a morning person so shaving half awake while rushing or the door is not the way to keep my face intact. I will do the occasional DE shave in the morning before work or a straight of it's an off day.

I shave the noggin at night but I’m in the military and have to shave my face in the morning. I would have a lot of gruff if I did it a night. I wish I could though. I’d be able to get 15 or 20 mins extra of sleep.

I shave at night because I shower at night I get home from work at around 6:30pm and I’m filthy because tradesmen. So I wash my self and shave when I get out of the shower.

I shave at night because (1) my beard grows slowly enough not to be visible even 12 (or up to 24) hours later and (2) it's more relaxing to take my time shaving after a shower.

Top Bottom