What's new

Can't see anything going wrong with this, can you?

I'm not a Gillette hater. They are a US based company that has come up with some good innovations over the years. I'm not a fan either because they got too big and started gouging their customers. Hopefully they will learn from the mistake as they continue losing market share and become a better, more efficient company after all is said and done.

I'm primarily a DE shaver, but I use Mach3 disposables when traveling and they give an excellent shave. Not as close or long lasting as I can get from a DE, but for traveling, with the reality of todays travel restrictions, they are fantastic. I do a lot of traveling for my business and I wouldn't be without a tube of brushless cream and a Mach3 disposable.

The heated razor will be another swing and miss for Gillette. Eventually they are going to realize that they need to focus on the lower priced market. When they do...look out. Gillette has the resources to turn the low end razor market in the US on its ear and it will have some impact on forums like B&B. How many members are here today because they got tired of Gillettes prices and went online looking for a cheaper alternative? If Gillette has reasonable prices at the store it won't drive future B&B members to go looking online for a better solution. I'm not saying B&B will dry up and blow away, I'm just saying that Gillette isn't necessarily the evil empire as it is sometimes portrayed. Its just a business doing what business do in an open market. Competing. That means you win some and lose some.

I not only refused to step up to a Mach 3 years ago, I wouldn't even buy the 3 blade cartridges for my Sensor, I simply refused to pay the price they wanted for a cartridge. I'm perfectly happy and get great shaves from my Sensor twin blade non-Excel carts when I use it. I also prefer the slimmer profile. That being said, I still got sick of paying too much which is what brought me here in the first place. Polsilver and Nacet blades are my two faves, so I can't say I hate or even dislike the company, but I won't play the game with increasingly expensive cartridges and razors that are completely unnecessary.

I will totally buy one. I doubt it will become my main razor or anything, but yeah, I'm going to try one. It sounds like a much better idea than more lube strips.

I keep wondering how much longer Gillette is going to resist bringing their Gillette Guard to the US market. They must be concerned that they will lose to much Fusion sales to the lower priced Guard if they have them next to each other on the shelf in B&M stores.

Read an opinion piece this morning about amazing kitchen appliances that have such things as tv screens on fridges that allow you to view the contents of the fridge. Or you could just, y'know, open the door. Or how about an app on your iPhone that regulates your oven's temperature, as opposed to just getting up and using the things called your feet to get up and check the oven.
I think with this new fangled razor warmer and the previous rollerball and added lube strip gimmickry, Gillette is moving away from just adding another blade to their cartridges as a way to justify their R & D's existence. They're up to, what, six blades now?

@Tallships, now you are on to something! Um, I am mechanical engineer academically speaking....and as I can recall one secret in the success of CNC metal cutting machines, they apply cutting oil and solvents to the work to improve the efficiency of cutting....with your idea the pre-shave drama of lathering up would be solved! Of course the shaving implement might to look more like one of the tools a dentist uses....

@Tallships, now you are on to something! Um, I am mechanical engineer academically speaking....and as I can recall one secret in the success of CNC metal cutting machines, they apply cutting oil and solvents to the work to improve the efficiency of cutting....with your idea the pre-shave drama of lathering up would be solved! Of course the shaving implement might to look more like one of the tools a dentist uses....

Wait, I've seen the future! CNC shaving machines! Laser guided! Automatic application of cutting fluid! Carbide tooling spinning at 45,000 rpm! Only 500,000.00!

Tooling extra :001_tt2:

Or how about an app on your iPhone that regulates your oven's temperature, as opposed to just getting up and using the things called your feet to get up and check the oven.
Being about to turn your oven on and preheat it when you're on the way home so it's ready when you get there would be pretty cool.

I have a Mach 3 that vibrates. Supposed to help with razor rash...doesn't work. It is what I am currently using.

I've been shaving with a DE for about 3 years now, and I'm getting the best shaves of my life. But to be honest, I did get better shaves with the vibrating handles for carts than I did without them. I'm not sure why, or even positive it wasn't all in my head; but to me the shaves were more comfortable than a regular cart...

Or maybe just run your razor under hot water.

I get the best repeatable shave from a cartridge. I've never had an issue shaving with a cartridge until fusion blades got over $4 a blade. Now that I'm in the DE world, over $1 a blade is crazy. With that said, I DE shave daily and only cartridge shave when I travel or have bad irritation that I need to heal from. I chose to DE shave because of the cost of cartridges. Now that I'm into DE shaving I think I'm spending more because I have like 7 razors after a year's quest for the perfect combo that doesn't irritate my neck. Not going back though. When I achieve an irritation free BBS it's blissful to say the least.

Top Bottom