What's new

Can't see anything going wrong with this, can you?

If they can sell that, then more power to them! (No chance that they will get this old guy to buy one!)

It could also be a way to target the vaper-market. Perhaps they'll make an adapter to hook it up to your mod so you get the battery there and can even add some steam to the shave if you want to.

Because, running your razor under hot water is too difficult, right?

But didn't you read this quote from the patent application?

"Accordingly, there is a need to provide a shaving razor capable of delivering safe and reliable heating that is noticeable to the consumer during a shaving stroke."

Apparently this is an necessary product. How have we gotten this far without it?

If you are using something that doesn't work, try something else. Have you tried DE yet? I was using a Mach 3 and was getting horrible razor burn on my neck. I switch to DE and the razor burn went away and I never looked back. So much happier using vintage DE razors.
Ordering a DE today. Believe it will be a Merkur 34C. Debated on the 38C because I like the way it looks.
I was just watching your Williams Shave Soap videos. Still trying to decide which puck/brush to buy. If you have any suggestions on razor/soap/brush/blade...I am all ears right now. Thanks

They are so rich yet they worry about making more money...typical greed ...only cartridge i liked was the mach 3 no fancy vibration or flexball or heated blades or whatnot...what a joke lol

How about if you dip your razor in hot water for 10 seconds. That might work. ...

That's one nice aspect of the cheap, Chinese-made three-piece razors currently flooding the market. Those thick zinc alloy heads retain heat well, and it feels good.

Anyone but me hearing Graham Chapman in their head over this?

silly.jpg

Actually, that's what I thought when they brought out the Mach 3.

What will they think of next. One blade was enough but then they thought of 3 then 5. Then vibration which still makes no sense to me. Now heated razors...... Well its not a terrible Idea but it can be achieved by much simpler means and do any of us even want a heated shave???
I don't know but when I feel heat when I shave I think of irritation NOT a good shave. Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression but it seems unnecessary and another way to gouge the consumer by Gillette.

Dipping a cartridge razor in hot water only warms the blades and the scant pieces of metal in the handles. An electric heater won't be much different. It will only make for an unbalanced razor. What Gillette needs to do is to invent an all-metal razor that will hold the heat.....wait, King Gillette already did that back in 1901.

I can also remember when one of the canned shaving cream manufacturers put a heat sink in the nozzle of the can. You placed the top of the can under running hot water and then dispensed warm lather out the nozzle. It didn't work well. Although these heat sink cans are no longer available, you can still purchase heaters for canned shaving foams and gels. Unless you get one of the pricey barbership dispensers, they do not work well, either.

PT Barnum once said; "there is a sucker born every minute". Dr. John Bridges in 1587 said: "a foole and his money is soone parted". There are always marketers eager separate us from our money by making us think they have the perfect answer to a problem that doesn't exist or one that has has already been solved in a more elegant manner.

Needs Bluetooth, and an app, or it won't sell. And lasers. Laser would be nice.

Yes! And a laser....this could be an executive style laser pen, the ones that look like a light saber.....then you screw on the shave head in the morning, the laser warms up the blade....and then sell it for $200 in the airplane "skymall" magazines.....Executive 2-in-1 Laser Pointer/DE Shaver.....and throw in a travel kit....oh the cash register is ringing around the clock now. Wait, batteries are rechargeable through the micro-usb port to steal some electrons from the laptop battery of course....need easy recharge too. LOL

Sound to me like Gillette is worried about losing one or two cart shavers. maybe the next gimmick Gillette will come up with is a 7 blade razor that is heated, shakes, rotates, and plays music or even creates hot foamy lather while shaving.

Top Bottom