What's new

Cal Ripkin Challenges - 2,632 in a Row (The hardest challenge in B&B)

I am at 18 days of shaving in a row, which might be the longest I have gone with daily shaves. My skin is feeling great and I am really enjoying my time. I am not sure I am committing to continue for the next decade, but I am having fun for now.

I am at 18 days of shaving in a row, which might be the longest I have gone with daily shaves. My skin is feeling great and I am really enjoying my time. I am not sure I am committing to continue for the next decade, but I am having fun for now.

The days will add up. Then one day, you may discover you don't want to break the streak because you'd have to start over.

Cal Ripkin 10,000 Step-Challenge

There are two challenges in the program.
  1. 2,632 ten-thousand-step or greater days in 3,652 days (10 years/72.1%).
  2. 26,320,000 steps in 2,632 days
1579616707704.png

1579616886739.png

I wear size 12 EEEE shoes. I've run and walked so many miles over the years that my feet grew from 9 1/2 D when I was in the Air Force.

1579772188257.png

I'm back to being a normal single-setup shaver. I don't think about buying anything different.

Meanwhile, I'm heavily back into jogging. Not a lot of miles yet, but I'm getting there.

I'm listening to books as I jog. It's kind of like giraffes and acacia trees. The more I jog the more I want to jog so I can listen to more books.

this really is not for the faint at heart, however I see how it can be done, I went like almost a straight year using only my Simpson Badger brush, I think I used my Omega Proraso brush about 5 times in that stretch.

I think a more realistic challenge would be 2,632 shaves straight. Regardless of what products you use, that would at least give you some variety for when things get stale and bland.

this really is not for the faint at heart, however I see how it can be done, I went like almost a straight year using only my Simpson Badger brush, I think I used my Omega Proraso brush about 5 times in that stretch.

I think a more realistic challenge would be 2,632 shaves straight. Regardless of what products you use, that would at least give you some variety for when things get stale and bland.
That’s what I’m doing. Daily Shave Club of one. Oh wait ya gatta shorten everything. It’s the DSC!

I can't imagine, knowing what I now know and having experienced what I've experienced, doing the Cal Ripken single set-up challenge.

Having said that, I got my Feather SS shavette last year and used it for the first time on August 24th. Since then I have not used any other razor. So I'm now over 5 months. Which, by B&B standards, is a VERY long time, lol.

I can't imagine, knowing what I now know and having experienced what I've experienced, doing the Cal Ripken single set-up challenge.

Having said that, I got my Feather SS shavette last year and used it for the first time on August 24th. Since then I have not used any other razor. So I'm now over 5 months. Which, by B&B standards, is a VERY long time, lol.

The single setup challenge has been easy for me. The only problem will be if my razor or brush breaks. If one of them does, I may change the rules to allow a new one of the same type.

The hard one is the 10,000 step challenge.

Top Bottom