What's new

Cal Ripkin Challenges - 2,632 in a Row (The hardest challenge in B&B)

1578793012904.png

I've added my step program to the list. I'm not doing a Cal Ripkin challenge with steps, but I will try to achieve at least my daily average each day.

1579183554375.png

Steeps?
Does everything deserve to be tracked? Couldn’t you just dial up the government at the end of the month and get your daily totals?

Steeps?
Does everything deserve to be tracked? Couldn’t you just dial up the government at the end of the month and get your daily totals?

ANYTHING THAT CAN GO TO $HIT WILL...

otherwise known as the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

It is somewhat understood by watching an old barn fall down. When there is nobody to take care of it, somehow, everything falls apart and it's not long before it collapses. The concept also works on the body.

The Hawthorne Effect suggests that when an activity is tracked, it improves. This is the reason I track activities I'd like to improve. Sure, I could check my Fitbit page to see how I've been doing, but manually entering the numbers each day improves my performance because I'm forced to focus on steps for a short time each day. If the average starts to decline, I'll know right away.

In the way a person must put energy into their home to keep it from falling apart in a few decades, they must put energy into their body.

Last edited:
A “gland issue” makes it sound like you were groomed to remain a falsetto when young.
I have embraced my anger and feel it every moment of every day. Same goes with love. To me the the interaction of the two make up all emotion.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A “gland issue” makes it sound like you were groomed to remain a falsetto when young.
I have embraced my anger and feel it every moment of every day. Same goes with love. To me the the interaction of the two make up all emotion.
This is why all the loaded guns are on my side of the bed.

No. I have neuroendocrine cancer which shouldn't kill me for about 30 years. It's like an endocrine gland in my liver. It release extra serotonin. It seems to release dopamine anytime I would be likely to get mad. I'm in an almost constant state of euphoria.

No. I have neuroendocrine cancer which shouldn't kill me for about 30 years. It's like an endocrine gland in my liver. It release extra serotonin. It seems to release dopamine anytime I would be likely to get mad. I'm in an almost constant state of euphoria.
You don’t hear that everyday. Probably the most interesting thing I’ve heard about someone in .... hell I don’t know. I have endless questions. I’ll refrain.
Since you shared so shall I.
I have Crohns and fibromyalgia and I’m in a fluctuating constant state of pain. I’m pretty serotonin deprived. I’ve had to change my mindset over the years to become kind because when you only feel pain and emotional duress your intent is your destiny.

No wonder you are happy with just Williams.

j/k. Sorry to hear about anybody's health problems.

You don’t hear that everyday. Probably the most interesting thing I’ve heard about someone in .... hell I don’t know. I have endless questions. I’ll refrain.
Since you shared so shall I.
I have Crohns and fibromyalgia and I’m in a fluctuating constant state of pain. I’m pretty serotonin deprived. I’ve had to change my mindset over the years to become kind because when you only feel pain and emotional duress your intent is your destiny.
I have a son with Crohn's. God bless.

Top Bottom