What's new

Brass General thoughts

Some brass handles from WCS here..... Some look pretty good and some are eh, so so. At least now we can have some options for a better feeling razor in our hands come shave time. I'm looking at getting a couple of these. What do you guys think?

IMG_0136.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG

Some brass handles from WCS here..... Some look pretty good and some are eh, so so. At least now we can have some options for a better feeling razor in our hands come shave time. I'm looking at getting a couple of these. What do you guys think?

View attachment 821962 View attachment 821963 View attachment 821964 View attachment 821965 View attachment 821966 View attachment 821967 View attachment 821968 View attachment 821969
Cool -- I think I'll get few. But, there is nothing wrong with the stock handle, either. I like the brass General.

I think a certain handle from WCS and a certain handle from Maggards (cough cough MR5), look oddly familiar. Not sure if there is a business relationship or agreement there or not. Just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was e-mailed by WCS the moment they were released yesterday, but somehow I'm not inspired by any of them. The Bamboo ( MR5 ) looks good, but IMHO it's too short for an SE.

Fairly new brass General here. I find it too mild with AC Pro's, my aluminum Hawk is easier to get a BBS from. I still prefer my 1912 and MMOC for no-brainer instant BBS. The General does look sharp on the shelf, and in no way is a poor shaver.
Colonial General.jpg

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
The Schick Proline blade will wake the General up!

Which Hawk do you have, V1 or V2?

Yup. I said before I wasn't as happy with them, but with more time my mind changed. The General and Proline go great together.

The Feather can get me BBS with a little pressure. Very mild. The Proline is less mild and very easy to get BBS with no pressure.

Yup. I said before I wasn't as happy with them, but with more time my mind changed. The General and Proline go great together.

The Feather can get me BBS with a little pressure. Very mild. The Proline is less mild and very easy to get BBS with no pressure.
This echos what i have found as well. The Proline (Feather equivalent) is excellent. I also picked up a pack of the Proline injector blades. However, I don't find them as good as the Schick ones.

View attachment 821962 View attachment 821963 View attachment 821964 View attachment 821965 View attachment 821966 View attachment 821967 View attachment 821968 View attachment 821969
Gus check out Stork handles on eBay. Especially the Tiapan in brass..

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Added one of the textured brass WCS handles to the brass General and it turned it into a fantastic razor; it made it truly pleasurable to use.

Added one of the textured brass WCS handles to the brass General and it turned it into a fantastic razor; it made it truly pleasurable to use.

Picked up the WCS version of the MR5. Goes well with the General. Looking forward to the General SS Version. Gonna have Delta Echo Gun Kote the SS Version and will have the brass for a backup. Best razor I own, especially with the Schick Proline. I think I’m going to primarily stick with SE AC razors and blades from this point forward. DE blades don’t compare to AC blades...for me at least.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Picked up the WCS version of the MR5. Goes well with the General. Looking forward to the General SS Version. Gonna have Delta Echo Gun Kote the SS Version and will have the brass for a backup. Best razor I own, especially with the Schick Proline. I think I’m going to primarily stick with SE AC razors and blades from this point forward. DE blades don’t compare to AC blades...for me at least.

I can't go that far. I still find I get the easiest and best shaves from GEM and DE blades and surprisingly, the OneBlade Core with Feather FHS or old Valet blades. The AC format simply hasn't been as efficient or pleasant as most of the other formats I've experienced. They are nice but my AC format razors definitely fall at the back of the pack.

I agree, the AC format beats DE's by a mile.

Top Bottom