What's new

Brass General thoughts

I really like the WCS handle above that is second from the top for the Brass General.
Shipping cost will probably keep me from getting one but that the one I'd go with otherwise.

As per a Facebook conversation I had with Kyle last week over at Colonial Razors:

IMG_1519.JPG

I'd bet the price will drop at some point once they get bored with it and want to move to something else. It seems to be the pattern with these guys.

This time I'll let things settle a bit and then buy. I'm not in a rush as I have the alu and the brass. I find though and YMMV most surely, the El-Jefe is smoother and more efficient with the P-30 and I have three of them boys. When the price drops I'll get me the SS and a couple of handles.

If you do not like the color I just posted a thread in the DE razors area on blackening brass and silver plated razors using Liver of Sulfur. I just did a silver plated one and it ended up looking like a blued steel gun finish.

That’s my current setup. Along with Prolines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feels good in the hands with good balance. Prolines work great in the General, but I give the edge to the Feather Super. I get a bit more blade feel with it and efficiency, but lose a bit of smoothness compaired to the Proline.

Feels good in the hands with good balance. Prolines work great in the General, but I give the edge to the Feather Super. I get a bit more blade feel with it and efficiency, but lose a bit of smoothness compaired to the Proline.

I was just reading some threads about the Asylum RX. In February you were saying you'd probably never own another SE other than the RX. Clearly things changed. Haha. I know how that goes;) How do you feel about the Brass General vs. the RX?Thanks.

I was just reading some threads about the Asylum RX. In February you were saying you'd probably never own another SE other than the RX. Clearly things changed. Haha. I know how that goes;) How do you feel about the Brass General vs. the RX?Thanks.
RAD is a terrible thing. :mad2:
I don't want to hi-jack the thread and go down another road in respect to the OP. But quickly, the Brass General is as smooth as they come. Paired with the right blade (Feather Super for me) it's a wonderful razor. The RX is in another tier altogether to be honest. The only SE razor along with the El Jefe that can give me almost 24 hours of smoothness. I skip a day when I use it. The shave is that close. Which is no fun because I can't shave and get rid of my surplus soaps. In the end, the Brass General is a great daily driver and if I were stripped of the rest of my SE's, I'd be perfectly happy with it. Very mild but uber efficient. And all brass. Checked all the right boxes for me...

RAD is a terrible thing. :mad2:
I don't want to hi-jack the thread and go down another road in respect to the OP. But quickly, the Brass General is as smooth as they come. Paired with the right blade (Feather Super for me) it's a wonderful razor. The RX is in another tier altogether to be honest. The only SE razor along with the El Jefe that can give me almost 24 hours of smoothness. I skip a day when I use it. The shave is that close. Which is no fun because I can't shave and get rid of my surplus soaps. In the end, the Brass General is a great daily driver and if I were stripped of the rest of my SE's, I'd be perfectly happy with it. Very mild but uber efficient. And all brass. Checked all the right boxes for me...

Thanks for the input. I don’t think you’re hijacking the thread due to the fact that you’re giving valuable insight about the razor in comparison to another. Others may also find it useful like myself. I absolutely love the General with the Proline. But I found myself staring at the Bullgoose website and thinking.....ha. I’ll look around to find out if the asylum is anywhere in a pass around. Would love to try it before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the input. I don’t think you’re hijacking the thread due to the fact that you’re giving valuable insight about the razor in comparison to another. Others may also find it useful like myself. I absolutely love the General with the Proline. But I found myself staring at the Bullgoose website and thinking.....ha. I’ll look around to find out if the asylum is anywhere in a pass around. Would love to try it before pulling the trigger.

I have an asylum and love it, but, its as close to shaving with a shavette as you can get. Not for everyone. Think shavette with a vertical handle.

I had an aluminum general and liked it, but ultimately sold it. I'll probably pick up a stainless general when they come out.

The Brass General is an excellent razor across the board in all aspects. Looks, comfort, simplicity and execution. And being brass just gives it a touch of class plus, the potential of them never being produced again gives the razor a sort of rare exclusivity. All the rage has been with the SS and rightfully so, it’s a damn good razor. They are both equals when it comes to giving a satisfyingly smooth and efficient shave. Would you be missing much if you owned just the SS version and not the Brass? No actually, just an extremely minuscule amount of more blade feel with the SS over the Brass, to me at least. I love them both, but I just like to look at the Brass General more. It’s a hell of a looker.........

89A09A42-AA75-4DF1-810C-21CDA1C70249.jpeg

The Brass General is an excellent razor across the board in all aspects. Looks, comfort, simplicity and execution. And being brass just gives it a touch of class plus, the potential of them never being produced again gives the razor a sort of rare exclusivity. All the rage has been with the SS and rightfully so, it’s a damn good razor. They are both equals when it comes to giving a satisfyingly smooth and efficient shave. Would you be missing much if you owned just the SS version and not the Brass? No actually, just an extremely minuscule amount of more blade feel with the SS over the Brass, to me at least. I love them both, but I just like to look at the Brass General more. It’s a hell of a looker.........

View attachment 850590

Here here. I’m going back and forth between the two (Brass and SS) and I agree with you on the Brass being the “go-to”. I’m waiting to pick up a Charcoal Goods handle for it. Spendy, but with what might be two different products that may not be around forever, it will be pretty sweet. Still trying to decide to keep it shiny or let it patina.

Top Bottom