What's new

Bootlegger's Bay Rum Bonanza

Hurry up and shave again!!!
You should have included a bottle of these ingenious vitamins. "provides critical nutrients to help your facial hair grow faster and stronger":

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418534319413.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418534319413.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 135
Now I have to do a comparative study of volcanic soils in Puerto Rico and The West Indies to determine the impact on the bay rum tree(Pimenta racemosa).

I have obviously gone mad and I blame you all.

Hah. I would say, I would think the species of tree would be the same regardless.

Bootlegger's Perfecto: Many bay rum lovers want a summer time bay rum, without the heavy, cloying, scent of clove & spice. So I came up with a light & breezy bay rum, with a light masculine scent of Virginian leaf tobacco, (How it got it's name,"Perfecto") blended with a bright summer scent of orange citrus. Equal parts: Masters Bay Rum / Superior 70 Bay Rum / Vitos Colonia Tobacco

Perfecto. I guess the name says it all. This is special. A light, citrusy, green tobacco flower with just a hint of bay. A very subtle hint. It goes on with a bit of sting and warmth, leaving the face feeling braced and healed like any alcohol based splash. All the elements of 'gingerbread' are non-existent, giving this blend its unique character. I am getting Alt-Innsbruck sans menthol gently holding 'granny' at bay. It goes on crisply, sweetly, and lightly, but fades quickly. The dry down is a powdery, green tobacco. I am surprised a major perfumer has not attempted a 'bay rum' interpretation with tobacco. If they have please correct me. The top notes are gone in no time, but I am getting clean flowery tobacco an hour later. Hats off to you Rob, and thanks again.

Last edited:
Love me some Bay Rum , don't have any or have tried any yet but I like the rum scent I tried in Jamaica years ago. Before I got into the traditional shaving.

Great reviews. Keep them coming! I hope to order everything needed to make my own bootleggers. Can't wait to give them a try.

I am working on some Bootlegger's myself. Got 5 bottles of Superior 70 and now I am looking around for the other components. Can't wait to try this recipe.

Top Bottom