What's new

Bootlegger's Bay Rum Bonanza

Where are you guys finding your Superior 70 Bay Rum? I've contacted the US representative and so has Atlanta Barber Supply and neither of us can seem to be able to find a supply. Walgreen's used to carry it in many stores but now only a few seem to have it. Based on their site, I would have to take an hour train ride to pick up a few bottles. There are sellers on Ebay and Amazon charging 3 or 4 times what the actual cost is and the mentholated version is even harder to find at the normal price.

A similar situation exists with Alcolado Glacial. Does anyone know who the US distributor of Superior 70 is? We thought we knew but we never heard from them after the initial contact.

I got some from Amazon.

Where are you guys finding your Superior 70 Bay Rum? I've contacted the US representative and so has Atlanta Barber Supply and neither of us can seem to be able to find a supply. Walgreen's used to carry it in many stores but now only a few seem to have it. Based on their site, I would have to take an hour train ride to pick up a few bottles. There are sellers on Ebay and Amazon charging 3 or 4 times what the actual cost is and the mentholated version is even harder to find at the normal price.

A similar situation exists with Alcolado Glacial. Does anyone know who the US distributor of Superior 70 is? We thought we knew but we never heard from them after the initial contact.

I used to see it in the Duane Reade drugstore chain in NYC but have not for the past couple of years.
I have rediscovered it at a couple of beauty supply stores here in Brooklyn.

Thanks so much for this great post and great idea!

Curious if anyone's tried the Original Bootlegger's but without the Masters? Wonder what (except for the glycerin) would be missing.

Also, has anyone tried an addition of unscented Thayers or other witch hazel, and how that's affected/impacted the mix?

Thanks guys, and Rum On!

Top Bottom