What's new

Bob Dylan Appreciation Thread - Favorite Album/Song/Cover

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I started today listening to a couple of Kate and Anna McGarrigle albums.... I enjoy their music though neither of them have great voices....

You can imagine where that lead me. I'm listening to Dylan's Fragments album... Time Out of Mind Sessions, Bootleg Series, Volume 17, Deluxe Edition. 6+ hours of great tunes.

Great version/video from the Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration held in October 1992, which was to celebrate Dylan's then 30 years as a recording artist. I remember seeing the whole show not that long after it was recorded. Kind of hard to imagine that 30 years in was considered that big a deal considering how long it has been since then!

Great group of players, although I thought Neil Young really stood out as a great interpreter of Dylan, including on this particular song/clip. He also was upfront on Just Like Tom Thumb Blues and, of all things, All Along the Watchtower, which some might have suggested Young would not be a good enough guitar player to handle, Hendrix having created some rather big shoes to fill. But handle it he sure did, in my opinion.

Great group of players
This particular song, "My Back Pages" (from the 1964 album Another side of Bob Dylan), is supposed to especially mark a turning point for Dylan, away from his more idealist period in the early 1960s.
As the refrain goes "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now ..." ...
It's fantastic to see all these superstars near retirement age, standing together and singing this particular song ...
What a tribute to Dylan....! As per 1992..!
Imagine if you could translate this into some equivalent common course action in the US congress or the EU parliament ...!
more pensive, a little less stuck on themselves ... wow

Top Bottom