Razor: Brassbird Lite
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (7)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Soap: Proraso Red
Brush: EJ Silvertip
AS: Proraso Red Balm

Have a blessed day.
IMG_3808.jpeg

Today was my 14th day in a row shaving with the Brassbird Lite. I have to say that it’s an amazing razor for me.

I get the closest shaves of any razor that I own or have owned. I can get a DFS+ to BBS every time, with virtually no weepers or irritation.

Does the ATG passes have blade feel? Absolutely, but I got used to it after the first couple of days.

It’s definitely a keeper for me and a daily driver and as of now it’s my favorite razor.

I will be using others starting tomorrow to compare.

Have a blessed day everyone.
IMG_3816.jpeg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I had read reviews on the Vector that mentioned the head coming loose while shaving. I've made sure to check after every rinse between passes and haven't had a problem.

Until today.

After many excellent shaves, it happened to me. The head spun while maneuvering under my nose and gave me a nasty cut on my upper lip. Still weeping more than 6 hours later.

Has anyone experienced this? That may be the risk of not having full threads. Sadly, for me, it is now retired. A cut from doing something careless is on me; a head coming loose isn't.

I had read reviews on the Vector that mentioned the head coming loose while shaving. I've made sure to check after every rinse between passes and haven't had a problem.

Until today.

After many excellent shaves, it happened to me. The head spun while maneuvering under my nose and gave me a nasty cut on my upper lip. Still weeping more than 6 hours later.

Has anyone experienced this? That may be the risk of not having full threads. Sadly, for me, it is now retired. A cut from doing something careless is on me; a head coming loose isn't.

I'm sorry to hear about the cut! It's because of the long head acting as a better lever arm. If force is applied to right side of the head unevenly (facing the razor), that applied torque can loosen the razor. This probably happened when maneuvering around the nose. If the whole razor is used evenly no such torque is applied and loosening is not possible. A DE experiences about half the torque for the same applied force so it's less likely to loosen under a similar force. I see no need to retire the razor. Simply tight the handle harder and/or use the provided washer to help fill that extra space. We can also send you a washer if you no longer have yours.

Top Bottom