Blackland Brotherhood - B³

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_9646.png

RAZOR: Blackland Brassbird OC 101mm Handle
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
BRUSH: Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
LATHER: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Seville Shaving Soap

• Blackland SS Machined finish SB Vector.
• Feather Professional Super blade (5).
• Proraso shaving cream in can.
• Proraso after shave balm for face.
• Proraso green after shave lotion for back of neck and chest.
• Splash of WitchHazel for post shave face. (NOT PICTURED).

Today was a fun, fast, and furious shave as we overslept and a contractor was knocking at the door….As you can see, I used my Proraso in the can shave cream, and it actually did a pretty good job! Certainly not my favorite lathering process but you do what you have to do when you have to do it…..
The feather blade performed well on shave number 5 and the Vector was outstanding as usual. DFS as the judge is awarding a 9 today not because of lack of performance, but because it was over so fast I did not get a chance to really enjoy it. A hit and run job that worked well. Have a great Thursday all.
FD0F38BA-3AA6-4184-9239-276CE1E912AE.jpeg
46334D95-E665-47A2-9E4B-5D4843751222.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Brotherhood
20221103_105332~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Brass Blackbird SB (CG Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco EdT Spray
20221103_105412~2.jpg

Superb razor. Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11997286

View attachment 1550366
New Gear Week / Exploration PIF / NOCvember

Prep: A nice warm shower

Razor: Blackland Era safety bar (level 5)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Faskally
Brush: Yaqi Ocean
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Faskally
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Faskally EdT

This shave is in honor of the Blackland Era razor. It was announced yesterday that for reasons that cannot be avoided, the Era is no more. 😢

This is a sad announcement as the Era was in fact a groundbreaking razor. It was the very first mass produced, consumer grade product to be built and sold using 3D metal printing technology. This technology allowed the stainless steel to be shaped in a way to provide perfect edge-to-edge blade clamping. Right at the cutting edge! No blade flex at all.

It goes without saying I love the Era as I'm sure many other people do. So for the love of Blackland and the Era.... Whip up some lather and shave away gentlemen.

To the end of an "Era".... This shaves for you. 🍻
Faskally.. pure gold!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I did it. Finally shaved with a Ti Bird. Those that know me know that I was quite resistant to the Ti Bird. I like big, heavy razors. I don’t like light razors. And I could not get on board that a lighter razor with the same shave geometry as my heavy Blackbirds was going to shave better. I just didn’t buy it. Well my curiosity got the better of me, so I bought one. Why not. It’s a hobby. And I just had to know what all the fuss was about.

If you are interested in my thoughts about it, feel free to read my shave journal. Link is in my signature. But here is a good look at the new addition to my Blackland arsenal.

58799383-8E6C-44C1-BEB4-3A768424D700.jpeg

Top Bottom