Blackland Brotherhood - B³

Sabreing …. 🙌

1150046B-852B-41DC-90D3-0B35C06C5ADB.jpeg

Dialed back to L1 in the interest of science -

Magic Carpet Ride 💯 😎

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
With all the Blackbird Ti enablement on here, especially from @Hannah's Dad and @never-stop-learning, I now have a BB Ti on the way. I have never liked a Ti razor before. And I very much prefer a heavy razor. The heavier the better for me. So the odds are good that this BB Ti will be back on the BST by Thanksgiving. 😜🤪😀 But there is way too much chatter in here about how much better the BB is in Ti. I need to find out for myself. And I will as soon as it gets here. You never know. I may love it and have to eat my words. Place your bets here. 😎
That's the spirit! :thumbup:

With all the Blackbird Ti enablement on here, especially from @Hannah's Dad and @never-stop-learning, I now have a BB Ti on the way. I have never liked a Ti razor before. And I very much prefer a heavy razor. The heavier the better for me. So the odds are good that this BB Ti will be back on the BST by Thanksgiving. 😜🤪😀 But there is way too much chatter in here about how much better the BB is in Ti. I need to find out for myself. And I will as soon as it gets here. You never know. I may love it and have to eat my words. Place your bets here. 😎

I also prefer more weight to a razor so if the Ti don’t work out the SS is amazing

I had an SS already. And I have a Brassbird now. But I just got tired of all the crowing about how much better the Ti Blackbird was versus the other metals. 😁😁😁

dunno how much better it can get, but certainly looking to your feedback on it... how is brassbird compared to the SS blackbird?

Big news at Blackland today. First, sad news as the Era is being discontinued and we have begun a huge final sale on all things Era.

Also, Blackland Friday starts today and lasts the whole month of November! The full sales schedule is below:

View attachment 1549956

What a day. This is the definition of taking the good with the bad. I'm sorry the Era has to come to an end. It without a doubt is a fantastic razor. The build quality is top-notch.

I want to say congratulations on being the very first company in the world to produce a consumer grade, mass produced product from 3D printing metal technology. That's something to be very proud of. With my love and passion for wet shaving I want to thank you on behalf of myself and the wet shaving community for doing this for us. What you've accomplished is noteworthy and deserving of acclaim. I'm very proud to own two Blackland razors, one of them being the Era.

I've been wanting a stand for a while, so I guess this is my last best chance at one.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
What a day. This is the definition of taking the good with the bad. I'm sorry the Era has to come to an end. It without a doubt is a fantastic razor. The build quality is top-notch.

I want to say congratulations on being the very first company in the world to produce a consumer grade, mass produced product from 3D printing metal technology. That's something to be very proud of. With my love and passion for wet shaving I want to thank you on behalf of myself and the wet shaving community for doing this for us. What you've accomplished is noteworthy and deserving of acclaim. I'm very proud to own two Blackland razors, one of them being the Era.

I've been wanting a stand for a while, so I guess this is my last best chance at one.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the kind words! It's been a great project and it's something to be proud of - even if it didn't end how we wanted it to. On to the next one!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Brotherhood
20221101_160106~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: @Graydog 2021 Saint Sue (@apshaveco 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco EdT Spray
20221101_160143~2.jpg

Superb razor. Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11994677

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Pre-shave: Weleda Gentle Cleansing Foam

Soap: Arko mixed with Yardley English Lavender

Bowl: Timeless Blue

Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic

Razor: Era OC/L4

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Aftershave: Thayers Unscented + Master Blue

Eye Gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

I can't say how much I enjoy using the Era. Since it's now discontinued it was my obvious choice this morning.

A little over two days growth knocked down with no issues at all.

Solid 10/10

Have a blessed day, all.

I finally bought one yesterday as well.

• Blackland SS Machined finish SB Vector.
• Feather Professional Super blade (4).
• Caption’s Choice ceramic blue bowl.
• Omega Boar brush.
• Proraso green pre-shave cream.
• Proraso shaving cream in green tube.
• Proraso after shave balm for face.
• Proraso gold after shave lotion for back of neck and chest.
• Splash of WitchHazel for post shave face. (NOT PICTURED).

Hello and good morning all…..This mornings shave is pretty much like the last 3 with a new player inserted in the lineup. Most noticeable is the Proraso green pre-shave cream which Guido recommended. It worked like a charm and really opened up my sinuses!!!!!!!
The Feather blade showed ZERO signs of slowing down on this 4th shave as the two day growth was no match. I typically use a double edge blade for 2 or 3 times before tossing it, but I am riding this Feather until she starts nipping at me.
The judge was watching carefully for any signs of a flaw in the performance but in the end another boring 10 was awarded! Take care and enjoy this early November Wednesday.
1E63AE79-089F-4DC7-9042-1E80417802C2.jpeg
7D60B2DC-EDC1-4FB3-83B7-5DC2DDCB26C7.jpeg

9D7D11E2-21AE-4A7F-AD40-8486A16ACBB7.jpeg

New Gear Week / Exploration PIF / NOCvember

Prep: A nice warm shower

Razor: Blackland Era safety bar (level 5)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Faskally
Brush: Yaqi Ocean
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Faskally
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Faskally EdT

This shave is in honor of the Blackland Era razor. It was announced yesterday that for reasons that cannot be avoided, the Era is no more. 😢

This is a sad announcement as the Era was in fact a groundbreaking razor. It was the very first mass produced, consumer grade product to be built and sold using 3D metal printing technology. This technology allowed the stainless steel to be shaped in a way to provide perfect edge-to-edge blade clamping. Right at the cutting edge! No blade flex at all.

It goes without saying I love the Era as I'm sure many other people do. So for the love of Blackland and the Era.... Whip up some lather and shave away gentlemen.

To the end of an "Era".... This shaves for you. 🍻

Top Bottom