What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

SOTDTIBBFT9.jpg

Ti Blackbird / Perma-Sharp / Frozen Tundra / C&H STF XL / Proraso Green

We expect polished titanium to be a permanent addition! It should be making its way to the Vector Titanium soon, too.

Thank you!
In your opinion/ experience, is there any difference between satin vs polished Ti Blackbird in terms of the way it glides on the face, or whether one finish potentially has some (or more…) “drag” vs the other (assuming everything else is the same, ie lather quality, blade, shaving angle and pressure, etc, etc)?

Last edited:
I am strongly considering joining this fine brotherhood! Was wondering, of ye experienced Blackbird brethren, can you weigh in to help me narrow my decision?

I am trying to finalize the finish that I want, either Satin or Polished of the regular Blackbird, as well as if I should pay the premium to get the Blackbird Titanium as I am kind of fond of the idea of a more maneuverable, lighter razor. Also, since they offer the bundling and there is significant savings, I am thinking of doing the bundle to get the Lite plate as well, just for full interchangeability.. do any of you interchange the plates, or find it necessary to have both?

I am coming from a Merkur 34c, how dramatic is the difference that I can expect? Also, any other first time purchaser advice is gladly welcomed, Thank you!

I am strongly considering joining this fine brotherhood! Was wondering, of ye experienced Blackbird brethren, can you weigh in to help me narrow my decision?

I am trying to finalize the finish that I want, either Satin or Polished of the regular Blackbird, as well as if I should pay the premium to get the Blackbird Titanium as I am kind of fond of the idea of a more maneuverable, lighter razor. Also, since they offer the bundling and there is significant savings, I am thinking of doing the bundle to get the Lite plate as well, just for full interchangeability.. do any of you interchange the plates, or find it necessary to have both?

I am coming from a Merkur 34c, how dramatic is the difference that I can expect? Also, any other first time purchaser advice is gladly welcomed, Thank you!
I have machine finished titanium and SS blackbirds. Both are superb, but the titanium is my overall favorite because of the increased nimblenses.

Many people refer to the softer face feel of the titanium, nut I have not experienced that in the same way as other titanium razors I have used.

The Blackbirds are more blade forward than the Merkur and have more blade feel. I do not find it to be a problem and use it as guide to how much pressure needs to be applied. The small gap is also to my liking. The shave for me is superior to all of the other razors I have used.

Polished vs nonpolished is based on what you like best. When I had a mirror polished razor, I had to use a microfiber cloth to keep from getting fine scratches. The machine finished and I suspect the satin as well can just be toweled off without worry of changing the finish.

Good luck with your choice, all models are winners as far as I am concerned.

I have machine finished titanium and SS blackbirds. Both are superb, but the titanium is my overall favorite because of the increased nimblenses.

Many people refer to the softer face feel of the titanium, nut I have not experienced that in the same way as other titanium razors I have used.

The Blackbirds are more blade forward than the Merkur and have more blade feel. I do not find it to be a problem and use it as guide to how much pressure needs to be applied. The small gap is also to my liking. The shave for me is superior to all of the other razors I have used.

Polished vs nonpolished is based on what you like best. When I had a mirror polished razor, I had to use a microfiber cloth to keep from getting fine scratches. The machine finished and I suspect the satin as well can just be toweled off without worry of changing the finish.

Good luck with your choice, all models are winners as far as I am concerned.
Thank you for the advice, Steve! Good to hear that you do not see a major performance difference. Also, thanks for the tip on the micro-fine scratches.. I would not have considered that. I am on the fence with Titanium vs the SS solely based on price, but I am also a buy once, cry once consumer.. so that is why I am wondering if I should just pony up for the Titanium now.

Thank you for the advice, Steve! Good to hear that you do not see a major performance difference. Also, thanks for the tip on the micro-fine scratches.. I would not have considered that. I am on the fence with Titanium vs the SS solely based on price, but I am also a buy once, cry once consumer.. so that is why I am wondering if I should just pony up for the Titanium now.
You’re welcome.

I would buy the titanium if you are only buying one. I use my SS as a travel razor and have no regrets owning both.

Top Bottom