What's new

Blackbird Titanium

I have to say that the BB Ti has been the hardest razor to get accustomed to of all my razors. ATT Windsor, Karve CB, TWR, Timeless Ti .95 and my Wolfman WR2 1.25 were pretty much mastered within three or four shaves. It's taken me 10 shaves and changing from Perma-Sharp blades to Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades to get really comfortable shaves. If I had stuck with the Perma-Sharp blades, I was leaning towards sending the BB Ti back. Now with four additional shaves under my belt with the 7 O'Clock SP, keeping the Ti seems to be more likely. I have one more week with my trial period so I'll see how I feel next Sunday.
So crazy how much YMMV! For me the Blackbird has been a very intuitive razor right out of the box. But I’ve yet to get a consistently good shave from the Timeless Slim SB plate, which many folks love. I love Timeless but I just can’t seem to keep the right angle with that plate.

Just a quick update from my end: did end up pulling the trigger- now eagerly awaiting my TiBird to arrive in my neck of the woods. :punk:

And on a sidenote: Basher at Blackland Razors is the f'n man, helped me out tremendously because I had issues with the cart/payment and he went out of his way to assist me with the purchase. Shane did well in hiring him. Can only recommend.

Just a quick update from my end: did end up pulling the trigger- now eagerly awaiting my TiBird to arrive in my neck of the woods. :punk:

And on a sidenote: Basher at Blackland Razors is the f'n man, helped me out tremendously because I had issues with the cart/payment and he went out of his way to assist me with the purchase. Shane did well in hiring him. Can only recommend.
Hope to be reading your impressions. Enjoy!

Thanks for your order! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new Blackbird Titanium.

You're definitely right about Bash - he's a standout of a young man and a great hire. :)

@Hannah's Dad Dan, I’m not usually a fan of the teeth on an OC, much prefer the feel of a safety bar, but after experiencing the TiBird SB, I agree—I’m waiting for the arrival of the TiBird OC.

I never used the OC stainless version, in your experience, how different was the stainless OC vs the SB??

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
@Hannah's Dad Dan, I’m not usually a fan of the teeth on an OC, much prefer the feel of a safety bar, but after experiencing the TiBird SB, I agree—I’m waiting for the arrival of the TiBird OC.

I never used the OC stainless version, in your experience, how different was the stainless OC vs the SB??
Kirk, the OC had noticeable increase in blade feel, and slight increase in efficiency.

Update on my end: I received the Blackbird about a week ago and have had 5 shaves with it (so essentially every day). This is obviously a early impression, but so far it has blown me away and superseded my expectations (which, I have to admit, seemed to me unfairly high).

To me the TiBird feels like the lovechild of the Razorock Lupo DLC SS, Gamechanger 84 & ATT Windsor Pro Calypso. Its super smooth even though you can feel the blade at all times (I assume this could be an "issue" with the stainless version, certainly would be for me as a headshaver). It actually allows quite a wide range of cutting angles, but the shallower the more efficient it becomes. Also, stretching the skin is key for the TiBird to do its magic I've noticed. And boy is the audible feedback fun!

I know people love to talk about their GOATS and variations of that label, but the TiBird (to me) is engaging the shaving GOD Mode = Greatness On a Different level.

I tip my head to Shane at Blackland, this is one great razor and I am kicking myself for waiting this long to pull the trigger - but all ends well that ends well. Looking forward to many more shaves with the TiBird. :punk:

Update on my end: I received the Blackbird about a week ago and have had 5 shaves with it (so essentially every day). This is obviously a early impression, but so far it has blown me away and superseded my expectations (which, I have to admit, seemed to me unfairly high).

To me the TiBird feels like the lovechild of the Razorock Lupo DLC SS, Gamechanger 84 & ATT Windsor Pro Calypso. Its super smooth even though you can feel the blade at all times (I assume this could be an "issue" with the stainless version, certainly would be for me as a headshaver). It actually allows quite a wide range of cutting angles, but the shallower the more efficient it becomes. Also, stretching the skin is key for the TiBird to do its magic I've noticed. And boy is the audible feedback fun!

I know people love to talk about their GOATS and variations of that label, but the TiBird (to me) is engaging the shaving GOD Mode = Greatness On a Different level.

I tip my head to Shane at Blackland, this is one great razor and I am kicking myself for waiting this long to pull the trigger - but all ends well that ends well. Looking forward to many more shaves with the TiBird. :punk:
Your experience completed mirrors my own! Today I tried the Ti OC plate as well. Shane’s description was spot on. A bit even more efficient with a touch more blade feel, but never menacing or harsh. Wonderful!
AA97B59D-3949-48BD-96CC-4717B577E5E5.jpeg

Hell yea. That's we like to hear! Thanks for giving it a try! <3

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I always love hearing from folks who love their titanium razors, regardless of brand. It just goes to show, you can have an amazing shave, with an excellent titanium razor at your side. Jedi love their keiber crystal light sabers, but we, we love our titanium razors. With the right razor, right blade, and proper technique, one man can make a real difference to their shave. Swish swash, whiskers off the face, turn on the water, watch them go down the drain. WOOHOO! :thumbup:

Top Bottom