What's new

Bic Blades ?

I got a sample pack and it’s got a Bic Chrome Platinum I was gonna try next, but from what I can read here I’m not gone happy with them. I’ve Straight Razor shaved for years, but a Stroke and thinning my blood out made me have to go back to my DE’s.

What have you heard about BIC blades that you do not think you will like?

If you shaved with a straight razor, you know all about shaving with the proper angle and minimal pressure. Thus, even though you use blood thinners, using a BIC blade should not be an issue, unless you are shaving with a very aggressive razor.

What have you heard about BIC blades that you do not think you will like?

If you shaved with a straight razor, you know all about shaving with the proper angle and minimal pressure. Thus, even though you use blood thinners, using a BIC blade should not be an issue, unless you are shaving with a very aggressive razor.

Just reading on the previous page where some was complaining about them. That’s all I’m not afraid of trying them, most likely it’ll be in Sunday’s shave.

I got a sample pack and it’s got a Bic Chrome Platinum I was gonna try next, but from what I can read here I’m not gone happy with them. I’ve Straight Razor shaved for years, but a Stroke and thinning my blood out made me have to go back to my DE’s.
I'm curious, you mention you are going back to DE's. Is it because of the blood thinners? I have tried shaving with a straight razor in the past and gave up due to the amount of nicks. I assumed that if I had kept at it the nicks would have lessened. Or did the stroke limit your ability to keep a steady hold on the razor?

I'm curious, you mention you are going back to DE's. Is it because of the blood thinners? I have tried shaving with a straight razor in the past and gave up due to the amount of nicks. I assumed that if I had kept at it the nicks would have lessened. Or did the stroke limit your ability to keep a steady hold on the razor?

Yeah it limited my ability and the shaves was just getting hard too monomer, and the DE has just been more easier on me shaving.

Sorry to hear that. So far, with one blade, I have been impressed with Bic. 21 shaves so far. Although the last shave missed a few spots. Not sure if it was the blade starting to get dull or my technique. I was rushed during that shave.

I did try the BIC Platinum Chrome Blades in The Fine Marvel Razor. Not a good combination. The blade ate me up, it took forever to get the bleeding too stop. Next time I’ll try it in my Merkur 34C could have been a bad pair with the razor I used.

I did try the BIC Platinum Chrome Blades in The Fine Marvel Razor. Not a good combination. The blade ate me up, it took forever to get the bleeding too stop. Next time I’ll try it in my Merkur 34C could have been a bad pair with the razor I used.

Might be better but still they'll bite occasionally.

It's a crap blade in a Razorock Game Changer 0.84 for me. Didn't feel sharp and left stubble with some length. Tried it in my Rockwell 6C (R5 plate) and it worked much better. Relatively sharp but didn't "feel" smooth.

Go&^%mn this blade is sharp. It is the closest thing to a Feather blade that I have used. It gave me tons of tiny weepers in my GC68 this morning. That is a razor that with any other blade will never give me any weepers. The shave was super smooth, with no audible feedback. The razor was cruising through my tough beard. First sign of trouble was a tiny weeper on my WTG pass #1. The real damage was done on my XTG pass #2 when tiny blood spots started appearing everywhere. No irritation whatsoever, but I binned this blade right after the shave. Not a set of blades I will ever need to try again.

It's a crap blade in a Razorock Game Changer 0.84 for me. Didn't feel sharp and left stubble with some length. Tried it in my Rockwell 6C (R5 plate) and it worked much better. Relatively sharp but didn't "feel" smooth.
I have had in my Rockwell 6C (R4 plate) and it was sharp and smooth. Today I decided to move it to a Gillette SuperSpeed and it was still sharp but not as smooth and caused some irritation on my neck. But that was the 21st shave on that blade.

Used the same blade in my Rockwell 6C (R5 plate) a few minutes ago. And it seems to have smoothed out. It's on its 5th use and it gave me a nice BBS with some very minor irritation on my mustache area--my fault for going ATG there. It's a decent blade, but not the sharpest or smoothest I've tried.

Made in China BIC blades fake, probably those that people are complaining about.
Hot Selling High Quality Bic Twin Edge Shaving Blades For Razor - Buy Twin Blades,Bic Razor Blade,Shaving Blades For Razor Product on Alibaba.com

Original bic Afaik manufactured in Greece

You might think the manufacturers irresponsible for faking these blades, but the warning on the link provided shows just how much they care: "The blades are very sharpness, pls keep out of children." Love it!

Glad I saw this thread and I’m not alone. The BIC in my sampler pack left me with skin irritation and weepers. I’m new to DE shaving and working on my technique. I tried no pressure and any little bump on my face got cut. SHARP BLADES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fakes:
proxy.php

Real:
proxy.php

I have BIC blades in the "real" package. The fakes have the same bar code, but do not have the same wording on the package.

I find the real BIC blades to be excellent. However, they are super sharp. After the first shave, they are even sharper. Thus, I do not use them in very aggressive razors like a Muhle R41. However, I love BIC blades in mild-moderate razors. They are definitely not for inexperienced shavers who have not yet refined their shaving technique: preshave, lather, shave angle, pressure, etc.

Top Bottom