What's new

Bic Blades ?

Who here likes and uses Bic blades? What are they like, and how do you rate them in relation to other brands...
I’m just totally curious!

I use the BIC Blades, but I am quit a newbie (started in December). But I like them.

They give a very close shave something close to Wilkinson Sword blades. They provide a much closer shave than Derby's.

However my own experiences are limited to Feather, Derby, BIC and Wilkinson Sword.

I would say, just give it a try.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorites. I like sharp blades and they’re definitely in that category. I think they’re in the same tier as polsilver and Gillette silver blue.

I should add to my earlier post that they don't have longevity. So I'll get about 3 or 4 fantastic shaves, but I'll have to toss them.

State of the art factory where they make DE blades in Greece. What I have found is that their DE blade is very, very razor specific...…...at least for me.

My favorite blade for about two years now. I have found them to work well in most any vintage razor (I don't have any modern razors). I've never tested how many shaves I can get from one blade, but I easily go a full week or two before I feel like it's time to change the blade, and even then I'm sure I could go longer. I've stockpiled about 700 BIC blades so there's no reason to wait until shaves become uncomfortable before replacing. My favorite razors are Gillette Old types and the BIC blades are a great match. As far as quality control issues go, I haven't yet had any problems.

I've only tried them in a merkur 37c slant. In that razor, for me, they performed better then a derby (more sharp and smooth) but ATG was tuggy. They are noticably less sharp then the Astra SP but have a bit more margin for error. Similar in feel to the dorco st301 (red + white pack), also feels similar to a voskhod on it's 2-3rd shave. I'm going to try them in a merkur 15c soon.

I am a minimalist in my belongings so I am looking for 1 tool to handle my shaving and 1 blade to pair it with. The Bic's are currently a contender for me though not in the #1 spot at this time.

I bought two tucks of Bic Chrome Platinum. The result was the same in my UK Gillette New and 77 as well as my US Gillette Tech and Slim Adjustable: I looked and felt like I stepped out of an abattoir. Not just tugging and pulling, but nicks and cuts and a lot of burning after the shave - with whiskers that just refused to cut.

I really wanted to like these, and have read lots of good things about them, but. They and I simply do not get along.

I’ve switched back to Astra SP for now, but I may have to go off shaving for a day or two while my face recovers.

They give a very close shave something close to Wilkinson Sword blades. They provide a much closer shave than Derby's.

However my own experiences are limited to Feather, Derby, BIC and Wilkinson Sword.

Please confirm when you compare. Which Wilkinson Sword blades?

I bought two tucks of Bic Chrome Platinum. The result was the same in my UK Gillette New and 77 as well as my US Gillette Tech and Slim Adjustable: I looked and felt like I stepped out of an abattoir. Not just tugging and pulling, but nicks and cuts and a lot of burning after the shave - with whiskers that just refused to cut.

I really wanted to like these, and have read lots of good things about them, but. They and I simply do not get along.

I generally agree: I tend to cut myself with them on day 1 with my GC.84. However, shaves 2 and 3 are great, but then shave 4 simply won't cut.

I haven't figured it out. I also wanted to like them, but unless I can convince my son to break them in for me :) I won't use more.

Working my way through a tuck of the Big chrome platinum as we speak

Impression so far is that they're decent enough, not bad but not that exciting either

I do find they seem to be sharper on second use than first but noticeably behind the Gillette 7o'clock sharp edge I usually use

Top Bottom