What's new

Best stainless steel safety razor?

For me, my number one SS razor is a Blackland Blackbird SB. The only razor I like better is my titanium Blackbird.

Having used razors that ranged from a Tech to a Superspeed to an Old Type on the efficiency scale, I was amazed at how close and comfortable the Bird is for me. YMMV

Again, with no ad-hominum attacks, there is no such thing as "blood poisoning" as a medical term. You can have an infection, internal or external, but rust certainly won't cause it, or any other medical issues unless you have hemochromocytosis, and the amount of free iron if you ingested it would be miniscule. Unless you care to provide a reference for same. Yes, rust on a surgical instrument in central sterile supply is concerning - it may indicate moisture has gotten into a pack, contaminating it, because moisture can carry infectious organisms. Rust on an instrument prior to sterilization may inhibit adequate sterilization because of pitting. But no one, to my certain knowledge, has died as a result of "rust" contamination directly into their bloodstream, unless the rust was attached to something, say, like a bayonet or broadsword. And again, the reason FDA would "shut you down" (actually, they couldn't, because unlike OSHA, FDA is not a regulatory agency - they just wouldn't certify your product) is because there is a requirement for the engraving on surgical instruments to be legible, and high-heat steam sterilization is hard on instruments. And I'm not attacking you personally - I don't care what anyone does with their own property. I'm just pointing out that for a stainless steel razor, your recommendation is unnecessary for the longevity of the razor in normal use, and you haven't provided any information that indicates otherwise.
soap poisoning.gif

We left out the adjustables (mostly - honorable mention to the Rex) in the first run, but I'll throw down Tatara's Muramasa, RE's Konsul and Ambassador, HLS's Taiga, and arguably the pinnacle, Rocnel's Sailor series.

For me - Blackland Vector. Simply magical combination of comfort, efficiency, and maneuverability. 💯 😎

Followed closely by my Wolfman WR2’s ……..

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72, Mfg 2021>, 316 stainless steel, Excellent quality control, I receive excellent shaves with this razor and is affordable to most folks.
(Old archived photo)
Lupo collage #3.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom