What's new

'Best' less common creams

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Screenshot_20221122-134143_Chrome.jpg

Viking Sensitive and Viking Active (from Bulgaria). I like the sensitive better. Great cream.
I have never had a bad cream from Bulgaria.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Quite inexpensive, widely available and not fancy creams are often forgotten in this forum but NIVEA and Palmolive are top tier performers.
Agreed. I tried Nivea sensitive calm liquid cream in a pump bottle, which I think is relatively new, and got a close, comfortable shave with my DE safety razors.

NiveaShaveCream.jpg

Not fancy, but it gets the job done and is relatively inexpensive, which is a bonus for those of us on a budget. :)

Last edited:
Menrock shave cream.jpg

Gifted to me by a friend in the UK, he had gotten this from one of the local discount department stores for 3 pounds. Stunningly good. Someone up a few posts mention Real Shave Company shave cream. This is better than that.

lasta

Blade Biter
WARS has been a standby since I started wetshaving!

I've also had great experiences with less mainstream English creams (Gentlemen's Tonic, Piccadily etc), made by Creighton, the same supplier to big 3 T's but often cheaper.

I think that Arko shaving cream is very underrated product and actually better than much well known stick - cost like nothing in a place where I live (0.8$)
Speick shaving cream - in the tube, NOT the stuff in plastic case! Excellent product - easy to lather, great slick foam and skin care, scent is also very nice
Figaro, Barbon (Hungary), Kyna (Bulgaria), Palmira - they are all very good and cheap creams

This Turkish cream was produced by order of one of the Russian retail chains. He's very good. But, unfortunately, it is no longer available for purchase.

Got kapo classic otw now! Should I get sensitive too? What's the lather and/or scent difference like?
What you see on the tube "каро" is Cyrillic. So it should be read as Karo.

I doubt you will find a difference in the lather of the 3 Karo varieties. The Classic is just old barbershop style. Plain soapy. Many users can't catch the tiny thread of lemon in it Hannes mentioned. The Fresh is lemony (ingerdients say lemon juice). The Sensitive is linden, but don't be surprised if it doesn't smell like linden. Overall don't expect strong or fancy scents. These creams are made to perform for as little money as possible.

Top Bottom