What's new

'Best' less common creams

Pretty straightforward, I see you guys posting less common creams on the cream sotd thread all the time. You know, not stuff like proraso or tobs. Serbian, Greek, Egyptian, Turkish etc.

Brion seems to get pretty good praise. Is it that good? What else is fantastic?

I like Bulgarian Karo, Wilkinson and Williams but I’m not sure if it’s still available.

9A66DCC5-DC5B-47C9-9884-4E76A36BEA3E.jpeg

F5B58E84-2DF3-48AB-ACBA-5EF3CD3B0C31.jpeg

0C7AFF2A-6029-4BCC-8B36-6E010B67E3A1.jpeg

4B575A9D-2860-470E-948D-2F6A90516537.jpeg

I tried some Serbian creams, Brion, Palmira and Eliot. All poor performes, would not bother after them.

The Indian ones, there are several, are average performers. Found none that stand out in a crowd. You can get some for sake of variety if you can find them cheap.

The Polish ones are good, Wars and Lider. Forget Ziaja Yego, poor.

The Egiptian are good ones. Ingram and Eva Man.

Turkish Arko is nice.

Also from Bulgaria TOP TEN is a good cream.

Quite inexpensive, widely available and not fancy creams are often forgotten in this forum but NIVEA and Palmolive are top tier performers.

Can't forget the German FLORENA, from the same makers of NIVEA, I think it's even in a upper level.

TIAN DE cream are hard to find but also good.

If you can find Brazilian Bozzano shaving creams are good performers.

Also must mention LEA and La Toja from Spain.

Other good creams are Cella, Noxzema, Intesa, Figaro and Prep, Murdock Barbers of London, Alba Botanica.

Dutch Keune 1922 shaving cream is a nice performer and my #1 scent, quite woody.

Pre de Provence cream is good, maybe not as good as their soap.

Portuguese ones as MUSGO REAL, they used to be better and cheaper a decade ago, but still nice creams. Ach Brito Lavanda shaving cream.

L'Occitane is excellent, but I don't think it worth the super premium price they ask for, at least in my country.

Last edited:
I've been impressed by Indian Vi-John creams. I like their Tropical Lime and Icy Mint.

I'm trying all sorts of samples and today used Taconic Shave Tequila Lime from the US. It's quite good and performs as well as the English options but with a more natural lime scent.

I love the fact that I can buy four or five of these creams on eBay from other countries and get them shipped to my door for the same cost as a single tub of paa ck6 before shipping 😂😂🤣 granted, I'm still probably going to buy some soon because I have a shaving spending problem... 🤷

Anyway, right now creams are working out a lot better for me. We just had a newborn a couple weeks ago and I can't seem to make it upstairs to my bathroom at a decent time when he's not sleeping, and there's no risk of waking him up, to go through my shaving ritual. A tube of cream, a brush, and a razor is a lot easier than my usual set of stuff and cream seems to lather a lot faster. I still miss my normal soap ritual, but creams have opened up a whole new window for me when my alternative was not shaving at all. I feel like I can still get in and enjoyable shave in considerably less time when I need to.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Keep them coming if you have more!

Pretty straightforward, I see you guys posting less common creams on the cream sotd thread all the time. You know, not stuff like proraso or tobs. Serbian, Greek, Egyptian, Turkish etc.

Brion seems to get pretty good praise. Is it that good? What else is fantastic?
Brion was THE cram and aftershave my grandfather used
Smell has not changed in last 50 years
It's noce, good stuff, full of parabens and chemicals, but who cares

Top Bottom